Office manager and executive assistant
Brilliant Noise are experts in marketing effectiveness and marketing efficiency.
We help the brands we partner with to make their marketing better – through building digital capability and reducing marketing budget waste by increasing marketing effectiveness.
We help make the transition from reliance on individuals to repeatable, procedural ways of working. And we work to continually optimise and improve procedural ways of working.
This includes embedding the right mindset, skills and behaviours as well as the right operational approaches.
Recognising that our partners need to reduce the amount of agencies they work with – we encourage efficiency by being a partner that is equal parts creative and operational.
We make better marketing. We make marketing better.
We’re looking for a proactive and organised office manager and executive assistant to join our fast growing agency on a permanent basis. As office manager and executive assistant, it’s your mission to ensure the smooth running of our bright and busy office in central Brighton.
Our office manager and executive assistant runs a super slick operation, making things easy for colleagues and visitors with a can-do attitude and hands on approach. They’re a brand ambassador, and in many ways our they are the face of Brilliant Noise HQ and the team member experience.
- Based in reception, you’re the first point of contact for all calls and visitors to Brilliant Noise.
- Ensuring our office is kept immaculate and ‘client ready’ at all times, the look and feel of the office are your domain.
- You’re accountable for the smooth running of the office - so that's everything you can think of from ordering replacement office furniture to making sure our plants are watered!
- Managing office calendars and meeting rooms, including off-site bookings.
- Managing budgets and supplies for all office sundries - from biros through to beer.
- Working alongside client teams, you ensure our visiting clients and prospects are given a truly brilliant experience.
- Health and safety paperwork and training records are regularly audited and kept up to date.
- You conduct a regular ’office walk’ to identify areas for improvement both from an aesthetic and health and safety perspective.
- Being the main point of contact for company and maintenance suppliers - such as recycling, cleaning and deliveries.
- Providing operational support for the team - travel booking, arranging meetings and generally keeping us all organised!
- Helping new team members get settled in, showing them around and ensuring they have everything they need.
- Being a general point of contact for team members to give feedback and make requests about their working environment.
- Conducting Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessments for new and existing team members where needed.
- You may also need to support the operations and finance team with various administrative tasks.
- Diary management and EA support to CEO and other management team members as needed.
- Collating agendas and taking notes in management team meetings.
- Organising our board meetings, including preparation of the agenda, collating the board report, aligning calendars, and ensuring the room is set up.
People and culture
- Organising internal and external events run by Brilliant Noise to support our learning culture.
- Supporting the people and culture manager with recruitment, administrative HR tasks and other projects as needed.
- Maintaining an awareness of the office ‘vibe’ - feeding back to the people and culture manager, and reacting as appropriate to boost employee welfare and engagement.
- Creating opportunities for wellness in and out of the office.
- Organising internal events for our team socials and other events.
- Taking notes in people and culture meetings where required.
- A good communicator, you’re able to effectively communicate with people across all levels and backgrounds
- Excellent written communication and document editing skills
- Your attention to detail is excellent, you’re diligent and are able to spot even the smallest of errors/damage - be it a crack in the wall or a typo in a slide deck.
- You’re confident using the Google suite and have the ability to pick up new systems/business software quickly
- It would be beneficial if you’re already a skilled notetaker
- You’re great at putting on a spread, and can seamlessly host an event or mini party (we like to host for our people and clients alike)
- You have a good understanding of health and safety in the workplace, including wellness
- You constantly look for new learning opportunities, and stay up to date with developments in the office management and executive assistant profession
- You understand how important your role is in ensuring the smooth running of a business
Working at Brilliant Noise
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays – with an extra day added for each year of service
- A great balance of autonomy and support in achieving your development ambitions
- Being part of a growing, ambitious culture where you can really make a difference
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced parental leave policies after 1 year of service
- Reduced gym membership
- Plenty of social opportunities – from crazy golf to walks to cinema trips
- Learning lunches with external experts and knowledge-sharing from colleagues
- Beer o’ clock at 4pm every Friday
- Fantastic coffee and the best-stocked tea cupboard in Brighton
- A 24/7 comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
If you’d like to apply, or have any questions about the role, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Who you are
- You’re extremely well-organised. You can handle multiple diaries, book appointments and juggle international travel requests without errors - you multitask like a pro.
- A people person, you’re great at putting people at ease and enjoy meeting new faces.
- You’re resilient, patient and unflappable, able to handle setbacks and unexpected changes with a calm, can-do approach.
- Proactive and positive, you approach a variety of tasks with a hands on approach.
- A problem-solver. If something's broken or a process isn't working efficiently, you're already looking into solutions to fix and improve. You can spot problems on the horizon and tackle them before they become too big.
- You have buckets of common sense and have business savvy, logical approach to problem solving.
- You have managed running operations in a business environment
- You’ve worked in a client/customer facing role, and are comfortable greeting new faces and hosting formal meetings
- You’ve managed and planned multiple schedules, you’re now a confident and skilled time organiser
- You’ve experienced and thrived in an environment where you’ve had to work independently and from your own initiative
- You’ve previously worked in a similar role in an office environment with a growing company
- You have managed a budget and have experience in reporting on spend