I.T. Systems Engineer
Gardners Books Limited, as part of The Little Group, is the leading book and multimedia wholesalers in the United Kingdom. Gardners supply product from its warehouses in Eastbourne to retailers in the UK on a next day delivery and international retailers via shippers from a stock of over 640,000 different titles.
We are currently recruiting for a position within the technical support department at Gardners. The primary role is to support Gardners, and other group companies where required.
The IT Systems Department comprises around 10 staff. The main role of the department is the support and development of the company’s internal infrastructure.
The support and development of internal computer and other technical systems including, but not limited to:
- HP Hardware
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems & Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server & SharePoint Servers
- Networking, including wireless networking
- Intel PC’s running Microsoft operating systems
- Scripting and automation
- Experience operation, up to and including Windows 10 & server 2016
- PC Hardware to the level of installing and setting up cards, configuring hard disks and diagnosing faults.
- Ethernet Networking
- An understanding of relational databases, with specific reference to Microsoft Server SQL products.
- Linux configuration and operation
- VMware virtualisation
Please apply in writing, enclosing a current CV and daytime contact number to either Personnel@gardners.com or post through to: Personnel, Gardners Books Ltd, 1 Whittle Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, Bn23 6QH
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to communicate well
- Able to work in a pressurised wording environment
- Good ability to learn new technical knowledge
- Good standard of written work
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Have a genuine personal interest in computer products in a fast changing market.