Software Developer in Test
Limitless choice isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
After a point, adding more options gets overwhelming. It stops us choosing at all. Or leaves us regretting the choices we make. Here at 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. Studying the key elements that drive people to make confident choices on the high street, and bringing those qualities into the digital world through intelligent decision engine technology.
Today we power thousands of confident consumer choices every day across some of the largest brands in the UK, Europe and the US, including Verizon, Sprint, Sky, Ziggo, Virgin Media, EE and The Times. With every engine interaction, we’re learning more about customers, gathering insights and powering more and more accurate recommendations.
We're a smallish team with a great culture and we're excited about the opportunity ahead of us.
We are looking for a Developer In Test to provide automated test support, general QA support, as well as contribute to our testing processes. You will need a hands-on approach working closely with our design, development, data science, and partner experience teams to help define, plan and execute test cases across multiple projects and product versions.
Your role will include planning and writing tests during development and deployment of our React consumer-facing product. You will also provide manual testing to support our current QA team. You will be involved in various parts of the scrum lifecycle, from sprint planning to production release.
You will have experience of implementing automated testing frameworks, as well as having deployed them to CI servers, maintaining them along the way. We want to improve the visibility of potential issues in all our systems, to attain more confidence in regression, releases and ongoing service.
- Working with developers and support teams to devise test strategies and asses risk and impact of changes
- Write, and execute tests across various iterations of the product
- Assist the QA and development team in the identification of test cases
- Design and prioritise tests to create the best coverage and business value
- Creating and maintaining mock services
- Track and monitor pre-prod and prod system performance to provide early warning of potential issues
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of JS and its libraries - we use React and NodeJs
- Test suite development (demonstrably) - we use Cypress
- Experience of developing framework and tools to streamline processes, development and QA tasks
- Experience of various testing frameworks, e.g. TDD.
- CI experience - we use Jenkins
- The usual support tools - git, Jira, Google suite
- Pin-point attention to detail. Ability to find problems and root causes. You want to break stuff and help fix it
- Robust understanding of web-based technologies and testing web applications
- A desire to constantly improve your knowledge and experience
- Confidence to provide constructive criticism and feedback
- A hunger to ask questions - for your own knowledge, and to challenge assumptions
Bonus points for:
- Experience of working with Agile project management methods such as Scrum
- General QA and testing experience
- Knowledge of the ISTQB framework or similar
What We’re Offering:
- The opportunity to work with our experienced team on products used by thousands of people every day
- The chance to join a company at an incredibly exciting time of growth
- Working with some of the largest companies in the UK and beyond
- Training and development budget. R&D time
- Apple MacBook
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays), plus birthdays off
- A lovely newly designed office with beer, fruit, regular social events, various office dogs, great coworkers, etc
We're growing fast, we have a great culture and we're excited about the opportunity ahead of us. We’d love to find someone as excited as us to be able to work with such a great client portfolio, and be involved in building a fantastic product.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to email@example.com along with a few reasons why you’d be a perfect fit for the role.
Fundamentally we want someone who is smart and can get stuff done, it may sound clichéd but we would much prefer to hire someone who is talented and allow them to train and gain experience, than to hire someone with all the points checked off but who has the wrong attitude.
If you are willing (and more importantly, wanting) to learn and get on with being a part of a growing team, and are excited about helping us to maintain and improve the quality of the excellent work we do then we want to hear from you.
Similar searches: Brighton and Hove