Paladone is a wholesale giftware company with offices in the UK, US and Hong Kong. We design and distribute directly from our Head Quarters in Shoreham-By-Sea UK, Texas US and the Far East. Our mission is to create the best gift products and deliver them to our customers with an unrivalled customer focussed service.
Along with our own branded products, we offer a comprehensive range of licensed giftware. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Disney, Harry Potter and Marvel, and we develop, design, manufacture and wholesale a wide range of gifts and novelties for our retail partners in the UK and around the world.
Located near Brighton, we have built up an enviable customer base because of our commitment to innovative product design, quality and customer service.
As a Design Intern you’ll work closely with Internal designers on projects; art-working and amending concept, product and packaging designs for the UK and worldwide customers! You’ll also be hands on printing and making packaging mock-ups for trade shows and showrooms. This paid, 6 month internship (could lead to a permanent position) is an amazing opportunity to be part of our growing in-house Design Team where you can see ideas transformed into products on shelf!
The Design Intern will provide support to the design team in all aspects of daily responsibilities. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Design Team on artwork layout and amends for concepts, product and packaging
- Working with style guides, sourcing the assets and applying artwork to cutter guides
- Understanding and applying back of pack artwork: Barcodes and technology warnings
- Creating packaging mock-ups using a laser cutter and large format printer. Training can be provided but some past experience using a laser would be beneficial
- Learning how to create cutter guides for packaging
- Assisting with photographing products and packaging samples, cutting out and filing images
We are looking for someone driven and ambitious that wants to learn and be part of a dedicated team within a growing and striving company. Our design team will help you with any of the above aspects which you have not yet learnt along with a development plan, but you would be expected to have good basic skills and knowledge in using Adobe CC (Illustrator, Indesign and Illustrator) on a mac platform. Some past experience using a laser would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in adobe cc essential
- Creative flair
- The ability to work to daily deadlines and to manage under pressure
- The ability to jump from job to job throughout the day
- Good attention to detail
- Must be adaptable and flexible and can work well within a team and cross departments
If you love the idea of being part of a fun and talented design team then we've got an exciting opportunity for you here at Paladone!
If this sounds like the role for you then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you! Please forward up to date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Critical thinking and problem solving
Planning and organising