I.T. Support Technician
SCIP is a social enterprise that has provided IT services to the third sector for more than ten years. Our high quality affordable services help people do good in their communities by getting the most from their investment in IT. We provide IT support, training and website design.
Sussex Community Internet Project (SCIP) are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic technician to join our Brighton-based I.T. Support team for 6 months to help us during this very busy time, with the potential for a permanent contract after 6 months.
This temporary role would suit a motivated & experienced 1st line I.T. support worker who can ideally start in early September. The post holder will be involved in day-to-day delivery of technical support to community and voluntary organisations in Sussex and the South East, covering a range of issues relating to their use of I.T. They will be expected to help manage and schedule response to a number of clients’ technical support needs in accordance with SCIP policies. Providing 1st line support, they will resolve client issues via telephone, email, remote access and on-site support and installations.
• Upgrading and setting up laptops and PCs with new versions of Office and Windows, configuring user accounts and SharePoint;
• Providing I.T. support via telephone, email and in person;
• Configuring a variety of email programs, cloud solutions, firewall / spam / AV management, web browsers, backup systems and remote connections (Windows and Mac) in accordance with SCIP policy;
• Liaising with clients to identify hardware and software needs, questioning clients patiently about problems to develop solutions;
• Delivery of equipment for client organisations;
• Diagnosing and solving hardware faults and replacing parts as required;
• Responding within agreed time limits and working continuously on tasks until completion or referral to third parties, if appropriate;
• Updating SCIP’s helpdesk system to reflect time worked and status of work undertaken.
• Experience in delivering 1st line desktop support for at least 1 year
• Thorough working knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 and Office 2010 – 2016
• Some knowledge of Microsoft 365 Cloud management
• Excellent customer relations skills
• Well-motivated team player with excellent troubleshooting, fault-finding and diagnostic skills
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Willing to work flexibly with occasional early evening work
• A Microsoft Certification, such as an MCP or MCSE
• Experience of supporting Windows Server 2008 and higher
• Working knowledge of G-Suite
• Experience with Mac troubleshooting
• Experience of the community and voluntary sector
• Able to start in early September
In the first instance please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews can be held at flexible times.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE – ENQUIRIES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO.