Product Design Lead
Crunch is an award-winning online financial services firm for the self-employed and small business owners, combining online accounting software with unlimited access to advice from expert accountants. We also help our clients with their mortgages, business insurance, and investments and pensions. We’re based in central Brighton and our talented team includes accountants, client managers, developers, and designers.
As our Product Design Lead you will oversee the full life cycle of new and existing Crunch products by coordinating and facilitating the ideation, validation, technical development, launch, ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of our exciting product portfolio to stimulate further business growth. We are looking for an advocate of agile working principles, someone to work collaboratively on innovative design projects with Product, Engineering and Transformation specialists, and to inspire their team of highly talented designers. Our Product Design Lead will keep Crunch’s design principles fresh and exciting, aligned with our company vision and values using design guidelines and systems that are applied consistently throughout Crunch.
• Work with Project or Product teams to define the problem, product or idea in design sprints, working closely with the Crunch Leadership team and other stakeholders, including the Chief Executive Officer, to provide beautiful and practical solutions that bring the product vision to life.
• Facilitate design workshops, shape the design principles of product roadmaps, coordinate consensus on priorities and communicate the ongoing holistic product roadmap plans and updates on Sprint activity to stakeholders.
• Be an advocate and gatekeeper of the Crunch design guidelines company wide, drive communication and promote best practice approaches to Design and UX within Crunch, including embracing technological advances to enhance our user experience.
• Seek to understand all aspects of the business, its goals and growth aspirations and apply these insights to the deliverables agreed.
• Confidently communicate Design options and present them in a visually impactful and exciting way, with hands on involvement as well as leading others to produce solutions.
• Provide constructive feedback to the Product, Engineering and Transformation Teams regarding the overall Product Roadmap and plans for delivery, including Sprint activity.
• Drive the ongoing maintenance of the component library with the Engineering team and develop the component library usage and refinement.
• Use client insights and analytics throughout the user journey to validate end user problems and solutions throughout the product development process.
• Gather qualitative and quantitative user feedback through beta testing, insight and open forums, encouraging open feedback to enable us to constantly validate our designs to ensure they meet user needs and are adaptable to change.
• Inspire a high performance culture in our Design team, engaging them and identifying opportunities to maximise their performance and enhance their skill sets.
• Plan effective use of resources for the Design team and work with the HR/L&D team on recruitment and welcoming activity for all new team members.
• Constantly research external design trends to provide inspiration and help us to reinvent our platforms, in particular our website/app and internal intranet pages.
• Forecast and manage Design team budget spending in conjunction with Directors and Head of Finance and Facilities.
Send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Role Specific Qualifications and Experience:
• At least five years’ experience at a senior level in a Product Design specialist role with relevant strategic and functional experience, ideally in a SAAS business.
• Evidence of a portfolio of career projects and work relevant to the role.
• Leadership, coaching and mentoring experience of Product Design teams or equivalent.
• Experience working with Scrum teams and agile product management methodology.
• Awareness of the features of a ‘FinTech’ business and topical issues within the wider business landscape.
• Experience of developing and maintaining a component library in conjunction with Engineering and Product teams.
• Degree or accredited qualification in a relevant discipline such as Product Design.
We offer a range of staff benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, Birthday prosecco, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local food/coffee establishments and a discounted railcard.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.