IT Infrastructure Technical Lead – Networks and Security
- Brighton and Hove
- £44,606 - £50,819 per annum
- IT Support
- Contract Type
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (BSUH) is an acute teaching hospital working across two main sites:
- Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton
- Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath
The Brighton campus includes the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital and the Sussex Eye Hospital and is also the Major Trauma Centre for the region. We provide district general hospital services to our local populations in and around the Brighton and Hove, Mid Sussex and the western part of East Sussex and more specialised and tertiary services for patients across Sussex and the south east of England.
Responsible to the Head of Infrastructure, this position is responsible for the highly complex area of Networks and Security. The support and technical transformation of the BSUH technical environment is a key component of both the clinical and IT strategy.
As the technical lead of Networks and Security, the role is a highly specialised one and will lead a team of IM&T specialists to deliver individual client projects from inception to implementation as well as helping to define the future direction of this area within the Trust. They co-ordinate and control the design process and ensure standards and targets are met and where necessary define or redefine these standards. They also manage individual projects ensuring correct resourcing, budgetary control and scheduling of a highly complex programme of work.
(D) = Desirable
- Masters degree or equivalent experience plus developed specialist knowledge.
- Microsoft certified. (D)
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable post graduate experience designing, developing and delivering I.T. programmes of work relating to Networks and Security
- Experience managing numerous complex programmes of work. Ensuring that the projects within these programs are delivered to timescale and within budget.
- Knowledge of Data Protection/Caldicott.
- In depth knowledge of National Health Service (NHS) data standards, regulations and guidance.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing complex network and security solutions in a healthcare environment either within the NHS or the private sector.
- Experience of managing people.
- Experience of undertaking performance and development reviews. (D)
- Knowledge of current NHS strategies and policies.
If you have any questions, please contact Dan Holmes:
If this vacancy sounds like you, please apply via our website here:
(For the full person specification visit our website here)
Planning and Organisational
- Understanding of PRINCE 2 and programme management.
- Understanding of PRINCE 2 to practitioner level. (D)
Information and Technology
- Experience of working in an enterprise IT department and the complexities that entail
- Enterprise-level of experience and working with various different technologies, including
- Huawei and Cisco Core and Distribution Routing and Switching
- Enterprise NextGen Firewall Technologies
- Aruba / Alcatel Wireless Infrastructure
- Network Access Control Technologies
- Remote Access and Site to Site VPN Solutions
- Enterprise Level Load Balancing Solutions
- Ensuring the 24/7 availability of the trusts networking platforms to ensure efficient and uninterrupted access to key trust applications and services
- Monitor the performance and capacity of the networks and undertake activities to secure and enhance the availability of services
- Managing the business and usual activity for the team to ensure the appropriate level of response and support to the users
- Leading the team of network engineers and specialists and to be a point of technical contact and escalation where needed. The role will also be responsible for evaluating the skillset and coordinating and developing the staff through training and knowledge transfer
- The post holder will have a high degree of autonomy and will be expected to plan and organize a demanding workload and manage conflicting priorities with minimal supervision.
- Working to the latest cybersecurity standards to ensure the trusts security posture is in the best possible position. This includes working with counterparts on joint projects and technologies, such as AV, SIEM, MDM, NAC etc. to ensure stable and secure business operations.
- Able to effectively and efficiently deploy expensive resources across multiple projects.
- Able to plan, develop and deliver software and interfacing/integration solutions that deliver measurable financial benefits to the Trust.
- Proven ability to balance and deliver programmes of work within budget.
- Able to review current practices and identify efficiencies and cost savings both within IM&T and across the wider Trust.