Product Support Developer (Contract)
Brightwave, the leading global provider of learning content, products and services, is looking for a Product Support Developer to join the team.
Brightwave holds a unique position in the market and its brand has been built on its core values of quality, innovation and creativity. Our clients come to us because they know we're experts in learning. Our people are passionate about being part of an award-winning learning agency that looks different to any other. We are looking for people who share that passion.
We pride ourselves in employing the very best people in the industry and in having created a hugely enjoyable and rewarding working environment.
We are seeking a Product Support Developer for our learning platforms suite comprising tessello (a fully featured platform for social and collaborative learning) and tessello Go (a lightweight version of tessello focussed on tracking digital learning resources only) as well as a small number of legacy products that are in the process of being phased out but will remain in support until the end of 2020.
You will possess excellent diagnosis and communication skills to investigate and resolve client support issues, taking your turn covering the front line support desk and you will play a key role in the success of a growing, market-leading business.
The role sits within the Brightwave products team in Brighton. The role would suit someone looking to build on existing support or developer experience with an eye on progression opportunities into web applications development, technical support management or other technology professions.
- Ensure product instances and integrations are configured and customised to a high standard and in line with client expectations
- Ensure technical support issues that are assigned to you are resolved efficiently and accurately within the designated SLA, escalating where appropriate
- Ensure that all programming and technical elements follow and adhere to the project's technical specification and Brightwave's technical standards and guidelines
- Ensure that the product knowledge base is up to date and high quality
Key activities and tasks:
- Configure, customise, deploy and maintain instances of Brightwave products, working closely with support manager to ensure the functionality of the instance setups is in line with end user and client business requirements
- Analyse, design and document requested client enhancements to deployed products
- Develop skills to integrate product instances with client systems, such as configuring single sign on, setting up CSV data feeds or creating SFTP sites (this will be supported by other developers). This will include working closely with the client to define the technical requirements that will provide the most effective system for their needs
- Perform first line product support answering emails, telephone calls and Zen Desk requests from our clients
- Recreate and resolve support issues, communicate with clients to achieve greater detail when required and involve the wider team for investigations and advice as needed
- Own support issues and bug fixes through to completion, updating client on progress and following the correct test and release procedures for all code and database changes
- Perform database administration tasks (SQL Server) in response to support issues, bug reports or general house keeping
- Ensure issues are closed within SLA
- Ensuring accurate record-keeping of all issues
- Create and maintain product knowledge base
- Proactively work to improve technical support procedures and efficiencies
Skills / Experience:
- Established technical skills (Junior to intermediate):
- C# .net (other server side languages will be considered)
- T-SQL (MS SQL or My SQL)
- Some knowledge of Windows server, IIS and networking
- Excellent face to face, phone and written communication skills
- Excellent analysis and diagnosis skills, able to think on the go and empathise with clients to discover the root cause of issues and requirements
- Ability to learn complex and dynamic products, mastering both functional and technical details
- Methodical, logical and process driven approach with great attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work effectively
- A keen enthusiasm to learn and develop your own skills
Why work for Brightwave
You'll find a lot at Brightwave.
Great people, a competitive salary, and a flexible benefits scheme are just where it begins. We're an ‘award-winning’ market leader in creating engaging, high-impact digital learning.
We provide blended learning, learning portals, learning games and consultancy, working with an exciting range of global clients representing every industry sector. Our multi-talented, creative team have worked with many of the world's top brands.
We're friendly, fun and seriously committed to our core values of Innovation, Creativity and Collaboration (and you can see the sea from our offices).
Brightwave operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age or political opinions.
If this is just the opportunity you are looking for then we would love to hear from you. It's easy - simply submit your CV and a cover letter through our recruitment hub.
We are keen to get you on board as soon as possible and will start reviewing applications before the final closing date so you will want to apply before the deadline.
Strictly no agencies