Mind Tools is part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation, with a presence in 130 countries worldwide. While its roots are in publishing, and bringing research to life, the Group's corporate learning division provides learners with the insight and tools they need to overcome challenges, improve performance and excel in the workplace.
Mind Tools makes a positive difference to the career success of millions of people around the world. Our mission is to be people’s favourite place to learn management, leadership and personal excellence skills. We help our readers enjoy happy, successful careers, and we have positively changed the working lives of millions of people since the company was formed in 1996.
We are a leading provider of online management training to both individuals and corporate clients. Clients include well-known US, UK and global brands, across a variety of sectors, such as Travis Perkins, Motorola Solutions, Imax, the European Space Agency, and Mastercard.
You will be responsible for the testing of new and current features on mindtools.com while reporting any bugs/defects to the development team. You will be running regression testing on the site, to make sure that newly created features do not affect any current functionality. You will report and identify improvements that can be made to testing to resolve any problems up to the required standard.
What the role involves:
• Assist in outlining clear test strategies for each project (including success criteria and required level of automation), based on functional and non-functional requirements.
• Ensure each requirement is fully explored, defined, testable, has agreed acceptance criteria and outline relevant tests.
• Write accurate and concise test scripts during testing, that detail what steps were taken to gain confidence in the project requirements.
• Execute tests in line with the test strategy / release cycle, raising bug/defect reports as required.
• Report on test progress, to inform a go/no-go decision (based on defined quality criteria).
• Actively contribute and participate positively in an Agile environment.
Who we’re looking for:
Skill, Knowledge & Attributes:
• Commercial software/website testing experience.
• Be passionate about testing, motivated about the latest technologies and innovations in their domain, able to deliver the appropriate blend of manual and automated testing across projects.
• Be numerate or process oriented, methodical and self-disciplined.
• Have an understanding of software/website testing best practice and the software development lifecycle.
• Have experience in analysing requirements and making sure features are delivering to the required standard.
• Have experience testing across multiple devices and browsers
• ISTQB Foundation Level Certified.
• Have experience testing modern, responsive web applications and mobile apps.
• Be able to define test strategies based on functional and non-functional requirements.
• Experience of working as part of an agile team.
• An awareness of usability testing and user experience design.
• Have the ability to assist in defining test success criteria, and to provide regular reports on test activities as part of the release cycle.
Please apply at the following link: