Backend Engineer (Python Developer)
MPB is transforming the way that photographers and videographers buy, sell and trade their kit. Since our Series A venture funding in mid 2016, we have expanded rapidly and built a transformative platform for the photography & videography industry, unlocking supply and facilitating unrivalled access to kit for creatives and photography enthusiasts across the globe.
Our platform is now available in the UK, Germany, France & the US and we have a global team of 120 people working on our mission to become the leading company in our industry. We invite you to apply to be part of this mission and join our energetic company of like minded people, where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
We are looking for experienced server side engineer to join a growing team of developers, specialising in Python web applications, in a service oriented architecture.
The role will primarily consist of designing and developing out a suite of Python based applications, using a combination of JSON over HTTP, and GRPC frameworks as the communication layer. Opportunities exist to take on or progress into devops for experienced or ambitious candidates.
This is a full time permanent role, based a stones throw from the Brighton seafront.
- 3+ Years Python development in either Python2 or Python3
- Experience with the Django framework & ORM
- Experience with Flask Python micro framework
- Confident working in a TDD environment
- Experience managing Git workflows
- Knowledge and experience of Relational Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Confident with Docker, building and running images
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum team
- Motivated, team player
- Experience and knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform services
- GRPC / Protocol Buffer integrations
- Scaling stateless and stateful applications
- Experience configuring web servers / proxies; Nginx, HAProxy, Varnish
You will possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills, and be able to communicate in a professional manner.
We really care about our employees’ development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we provide lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Your birthday lay-in
- MPB workplace pension
- 22 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days after 3 years
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Awareness Pathway (EAP)
- Pet friendly workplace
- Weekly delivery of fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social events
To apply pleae send a cover letter and up to date CV to email@example.com