Frontend Engineer (React Developer)
- Brighton and Hove
- £45,000 - £55,000
- Front-End Development, eCommerce, Design / Creative
- Contract Type
MPB is transforming the way that photographers and videographers buy, sell and trade their kit. Since our Series A venture funding in mid 2016, we have expanded rapidly and built a transformative platform for the photography & videography industry, unlocking supply and facilitating unrivalled access to kit for creatives and photography enthusiasts across the globe.
Our platform is now available in the UK, Germany, France & the US and we have a global team of 120 people working on our mission to become the leading company in our industry. We invite you to apply to be part of this mission and join our energetic company of like minded people, where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
We are currently expanding our engineering team from 9 to 20 to ensure that our technology platform is ready for our ambitious growth plans over the coming years. Examples of projects currently being worked on include an extensive revamp of our back-office software, a ground-up rebuild of our consumer facing platform, along with various initiatives as we move towards a service-oriented architecture and continuous integration/delivery.
We are seeking people with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and thirst to learn. You will be somebody who is seeking ownership of your work, who wants to see your ideas put into action as part of a startup environment with a progressive culture.
We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team. You will be somebody who is happy suggesting and implementing improvements on an iterative basis, building upon and elevating our projects.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS (preferably SCSS and/or CSS-in-JS)
- A good understanding of Webpack/Babel
- A good eye for design and user experience
- Experience with working with RESTful APIs
- Proficient in Git source control and related workflows
- Confident with command-line usage
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Good team player
Additional Useful Skills:
- Experience with interacting with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with server-side rendering of a single-page-application
- Experience optimising web performance
You will possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with an accurate manner.
We really care about our employees’ development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment in the heart of Brighton, plus we provide lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Your birthday lay-in
- MPB workplace pension
- 22 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days after 3 years
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Awareness Pathway (EAP)
- Pet friendly workplace
- Weekly delivery of fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social events
To apply please send a cover letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org