New Digital Business Analyst role in the Digital team at Brighton & Hove City Council just launched!
In this role you’ll be contributing to a multi-year programme of organisational modernisation and business change. As part of Orbis, a shared services partnership between Brighton and Hove City Council, East Sussex County Council, and Surrey County Council, you’ll have exposure and opportunities beyond the immediate Council, should you wish.
You’ll be based in our modern open plan offices in the city centre and benefit from flexible working. You’ll join our energetic and supportive team leading Agile development teams to deliver improvements to the council and Brighton and Hove citizens. The council is committed to the continued development of staff, so both formal and informal training will be provided.
This is a brand new role and so you'll have the opportunity to shape the function and influence the processes, methodologies and standards. It will appeal to anyone who wants to support and influence digital product design that makes an impact for our customers backed with Enterprise thinking that benefits the organisation.
The Digital Business Analyst sits within IT Data & Digital teams and will closely support our digital Product Managers and will play a very significant part in the digital transformation of Brighton and Hove City Council.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary development team using Agile methods and taking a User Centred Design approach, you'll translate product requirements articulated by a Product Manager to detailed requirements, normally as User Stories and supporting documents, including test cases.
You'll be responsible for eliciting, analysing, validating and documenting business, organisational and/or operational requirements and processes, conducting cost benefits analysis, and validating that the design meets requirements.
As a Digital Business Analyst you’ll have a technical background, ideally working with Agile development teams to define web-based, integrated solutions. You'll be confident using solution design standards and methodologies to capture and articulate your designs, e.g. BPMN, UML
You will support our Product Managers in helping shape and ensure a robust, integrated and modular architecture that underpins our application development and you will therefore need to rapidly gain a strong understanding of the nature and capabilities of our development platforms, corporate systems, and corporate datasets.
We welcome your application if you are able to:
- Conduct detailed analysis and methodical review of systems and business processes; assess complex situations and problems, conduct gap and impact analysis and deliver recommendations for new processes and solutions in accordance with the Council's strategic objectives
- Elicit, assess, prioritise and produce user requirements and process improvements including as-is and to-be process maps
- Provide functional and non-functional specifications and any other design documentation needed to ensure the successful specification of development requirements
- Produce logical system designs to enable subsequent production of physical design by developers. Verify that design meets requirements
- Produce and/or contribute to a range of other analysis outputs including; business process mapping, wireframes, storyboards, context diagrams, business cases, gap analysis, project feasibility studies, SWOT and PESTLE analysis, benefits realisation plans, test plans, and business readiness plans
- Support the Digital function in the use and interpretation of standard solution design standards and methodologies, e.g. BPMN, UML, User Centred Design
- Plan and facilitate workshops and discussions to effectively understand business problems and achieve shared understanding of business needs
No agencies please.
Visit our website for more details and how to apply.
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field
- Knowledge of Agile, PRINCE 2 (ideally PRINCE2 Agile), TOGAF and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in the application of analysis and modelling standards such as BPMN and UML
- Up to date knowledge of technical as well as industry sector developments
- Relevant Business Analysis qualifications, i.e. BSC Certificate in Business Analysis Practice or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis are desirable but not essential
To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Equalities Policy.