Why EDF Energy?
We’re proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being, and although these roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours – Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.
EDF Energy has ambitious objectives for Digital. Already our principal customer contact and engagement channel, we aim to grow digital’s volume, breadth and quality in line with our ambition to place digital at the centre of all our activity.
We have opportunities for UI Designers to join our Brighton based design team. You’ll drive user-centred design and evolve our pattern library which is the source of truth for UX/UI/CX design guidelines across the EDF Energy business. You’ll manage external agency relationships, project priorities and internal resources to lead interactive build and design.
This vibrant and creative team acts as an internal agency across the whole of the EDF Energy business. Enjoy regular meet-ups with external agency partners to discuss what’s new in in user-centred design and develop your expertise in the interactive design community. You’ll design using your Mac and the latest industry tools InVision, communicating and collaborating using Slack and Miro
Day to Day:
- You’ll work within a programme of continuous improvement, demonstrating full use of agile methods and tools, as well as digital best practice, to deliver maximum velocity and minimum cost, while demonstrating full use of customer and market insight and segmentation around attitudes & lifestyles as well as channel best practice.
- You’ll be responsible for the delivery of commercial results for identified digital journeys/channels (number of transactions, efficiency measures, additional revenue and customer retention)
- You’ll identify ways to continuously improve customer experiences to drive competitiveness & profitability, using insight to challenge existing practices where benefits are clear.
- You’ll manage & influence relationships with colleagues to prioritise & manage a move to commercial practices and digital first thinking, while building & managing strong relationships with Customer Services, Supply Chain and relevant digital suppliers to ensure the business gains best possible value and quality.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience producing digital interaction design creative with a major brand or agency
- Creative talent and technical ability to drive and implement a user-centred approach to interaction design
- Strong experience of digital interaction design best practice and methodologies with a proven track record of delivery in a customer-centric commercial environment
- Able to demonstrate a clear technical understanding of cross-browser and device compliance, with experience of delivering responsive and adaptive design solutions
- Excellent collaborative concept creation and proposition development techniques and skills, with an ability to work in an Agile environment and with a passion for creating and maintaining a strong visual identity and brand compliance
- Professional qualification in interaction design, graphic design, user experience, marketing, digital-related disciplines.
You’ll have the experience and ability to drive a step-change in digital interaction design capability across all channels (to include web, mobile, tablet, email and other key channels) supporting outstanding customer experiences. You’ll have managed and delivered suites of assets, resources and approaches to ensure consistent, high-quality interaction design principles supporting the operational delivery of digital channel operations.
You’ll have taken the lead in defining and implementing usability principles into creative development, including accessibility compliance considerations. You’ll have developed and delivered a continuous improvement programme for digital interaction design, demonstrating use of customer segmentation around attitudes and lifestyles to support the delivery of coherent, cross-channel experiences
You’ll have collaboratively managed the design approach across internal and external agencies and have identified and investigated new opportunities to ensure competitiveness and profitability through insight and data-driven decision-making.