Why EDF Energy?
We’re proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being, and although these roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours – Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.
You’ll use your expertise in human-centred design, working as part of our Service Design team, to inform and influence the design of customer experiences and propositions across EDF Energy. You’ll engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within the organisation to help move the business forward.
The opportunity offers work which is varied and interesting, such as driving the Customer First programme to improve the experience of our customers’ journeys with us. We’re applying design thinking, principles and methodologies, to the practical challenges that we face.
You’ll lead projects and manage a team of digital and insight agencies and development specialists. The role is accountable for the concept, execution and design of a series of new customer centric services, customer experiences and propositions across our EDF Energy Customers business.
The Service Design team works across the whole organisation as part of the Digital Operations team. EDF Energy has ambitious objectives for digital. Already our principal customer contact and engagement channel, we aim to grow digital’s volume, breadth and quality in line with our ambition to place digital at the centre of all our activity.
- familiar with principles and processes for generating insight, innovation, service design, user-centred design, usability and accessibility assets
- a strategic thinker, highly numerate and analytical with a proven commercial track record
- experienced with behavioural analysis
- experienced working on a service design project end-to-end
- an experienced service design practitioner, working in a digital environment for a major consumer brand
- experienced in managing digital specialists and a roster of digital agencies to provide consistently high-quality customer experience, digital services and propositions
- professionally qualified in service design, proposition development, innovation, marketing, and digital-related disciplines – this is desirable.
You understand people and how people behave. You like finding out more about people. You know the right questions to ask and are good at empathising with others.
You’re a problem solver. You like making things better; for our customers and our business.
You’re an experienced Service Designer who understands the big picture and knows how to connect the dots between stakeholders.
You know that if you do your job well, then the customer will never realise it.