Why EDF Energy?
We’re proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being, and although these roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours – Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.
EDF Energy has ambitious objectives for Digital. Already our principal customer contact and engagement channel, we aim to grow digital’s volume, breadth and quality in line with our ambition to place digital at the centre of all our activity.
Join us as a Digital Product Manager responsible for customer journeys across our digital channels and business, driving quality customer experiences, maximising conversion, and delivering continuous improvement for the customer journeys under your management.
Day to Day:
- You’ll work within a programme of continuous improvement, demonstrating full use of agile methods and tools, as well as digital best practice, to deliver maximum velocity and minimum cost, while demonstrating full use of customer and market insight and segmentation around attitudes & lifestyles as well as channel best practice.
- You’ll be responsible for the delivery of commercial results for identified digital journeys/channels (number of transactions, efficiency measures, additional revenue and customer retention)
- You’ll identify ways to continuously improve customer experiences to drive competitiveness & profitability, using insight to challenge existing practices where benefits are clear.
- You’ll manage & influence relationships with colleagues to prioritise & manage a move to commercial practices and digital first thinking, while building & managing strong relationships with Customer Services, Supply Chain and relevant digital suppliers to ensure the business gains best possible value and quality.
- You’ll have extraordinary attention to detail and quality with a strong track record of delivering results.
- You’ll have experience of digital technologies, delivery methodologies, platforms, user experience, marketing and analytics.
- You’ll have a high level of business and market awareness
- You’ll be able to demonstrate excellent communication, influencing and organisational skills
- You’ll be adaptable, with experience of multi-tasking and working on own initiative to deliver tasks on time and budget. and target
- You’ll be familiar with principles and processes for generating insight, innovation, service design, user-centred design, usability and accessibility assets, with a strong sense of cost control.
- You’ll be educated to degree standard, or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment.
- Ideally you’ll have extensive experience of commercial channel management, working in a digital environment, for a major consumer brand
- Significant experience of defining, building and delivering across the digital design and development lifecycle.
Experience of the following will give you an advantage:
- Lean Startup and MVP methodologies and concepts
- A/B testing
Product Managers with senior stakeholder management skills, and experience of securing buy-in to influence change, will thrive in this role. We’ll value your existing skills and experience while providing the opportunity for individuals with an agile approach, and mind set, to develop your digital product career.
We’re offering an opportunity to be part of EDF Energy’s ambitions to improve and evolve our Customer’s digital journeys, working on a diverse range of innovative projects from automation, to Chatbots, to mobile apps, and creating new propositions and services in Smart and Connected Homes. You’ll champion a test and learn approach and ideally have experience of A/B Testing using Optimizely, having applied the concept of MVP via Lean Startup.
What does being a great Product Manager at EDF Energy mean?:
- Curiosity & Analytical Thinking: You’re able to gain an understanding of what the data is telling you and generate customer insight from this.
- Discovery: You’re able to use discovery methods to understand the customer problem you’re solving and prioritise this against other problems primarily based on value.
- Planning & Prioritising You have a plan that is achievable and communicated to stakeholders, and you keep track of the ‘return on investment’ for your change ensuring costs spent do not exceed value delivered.
- Create The Right Solution: You can create user stories to define the requirements for your solution and defined your acceptance criteria (not to be confused with the detailed criteria used for testing).
- Telling The Story: You can effectively articulate the problem and explain why you are solving it. You can provide data that supports this and are able to explain the solution that has been chosen.
- Product Leadership: Throughout the lifecycle of a change you continually bring the focus back to the problem you are solving.
- Testing: You have a test and learn approach to everything that you do. You call out assumptions being made throughout the change lifecycle
- Constantly Improving: You are continually upskilling yourself as a Product Manager. Reading articles and books, going to events.