Fundraising and Partnerships Assistant
- Together Co
- Brighton and Hove
- NJC Scale 4 (£19, 554 - £21, 166) pro-rata with 3%
- Account Handling, Office / Administration
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Together Co is Brighton and Hove’s leading loneliness charity (formerly known as Brighton and Hove Impetus), working to improve wellbeing and reduce social isolation through creating community connections in the city. We run Social Prescribing and Befriending services supporting more than a thousand people a year and have 400+ volunteers working alongside our small paid staff team. Our staff and volunteers tell us they love that their role gives them the chance to make a difference to others.
Securing our future by supporting fundraising
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and IT literate person to join our central team at an exciting time, following a rebrand that has changed both our name and image. This role works alongside our Head of Fundraising to help build our corporate and community fundraising capacity and has access to support from a collective of exceptionally experienced staff members, whose knowledge and expertise straddles fundraising, communications, business and community development. With our 400+ volunteers and 1000+ service users active in the community, we have a substantial, varied supporter base and we are working to harness the power of these connections to help raise much needed funds and wider support for the work we do.
You are a dynamic and creative individual with excellent administrative and communications skills, who has the energy and confidence to get stuck in and to ask for help as needed. You are interested in developing existing skills in fundraising, events and relationship building and are excited to engage. You are confident using your IT skills to give accurate, dependable support across different applications.
The successful applicant will have the satisfaction of helping Together Co as a whole to build and have a positive impact on the lives of thousands of people in Brighton and Hove.
Hours: 10 hours a week, worked flexibly (Together Co has a 35-hour full time working week)
Salary: NJC Scale 4 (£19,554 - £21,166) pro rata + 3% employer’s contribution to auto-enrolment pension
Status: Fixed term for 6 months initially. Potential to continue depending on performance and funding.
Other info: Appointment is subject to a basic DBS check
If you want to know more about the role please ring Karen Hunter, Head of Fundraising, on 01273 779888 or 07834 321034 (Mon-Wed).
Closing date for applications is Monday 9 September
Interviews expected on 18 September
If you are interested in applying for this role please click to send us a request for an application pack.
● Organisation and decision-making – Uses flexible methods to plan and track work, appointments and commitments; prioritises tasks by importance and deadline, adjusting priorities as situations change; identifies what needs doing to complete a task, clarifies understanding as necessary, and pays attention to detail in carrying out actions; uses IT (notably MS Office applications and/or Google Drive) confidently and effectively to support service delivery.
● Team working – Works cooperatively and productively with others, shares information with colleagues to promote joint working, learning and Together Co’s shared vision; treats others with respect and integrity; shows personal commitment to the team.
● Effective communication – Addresses issues in an open, constructive, professional manner, and persuades others to approach issues in the same way; keeps people accurately informed and up-to-date with relevant information, whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality; encourages others to express their point-of-view and is approachable at all times
● Commitment to Together Co values – Helps and supports colleagues and volunteers in a caring way to contribute to overall Together Co success; keeps promises and commitments made to others; confronts potentially unethical behaviour; and respects the talents and contributions of all individuals.