- Virtusales Publishing Solutions
- Brighton and Hove
- Competitive depending on experience + benefits
- Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
Virtusales is the UK's market leader for book publishing systems and a successful software provider to publishers globally. Our Biblio suite of publishing software run the processes for many prominent book publishers such as Penguin Random House, Hachette, Pan Macmillan, Oxford University Press, Harvard University Press, Bloomsbury and a number of high-profile independents.
With offices in New York, Ottawa and Munich, we are looking for a marketing professional to grow our head office team in Brighton. The successful individual will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to build our marketing function; devising and implementing plans and strategies that will develop our already excellent brand and reputation worldwide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Executive to provide marketing and administrative support to the Marketing and Communications Manager. Based at our UK headquarters in Brighton, the Marketing Executive will play an important role in the marketing team, working closely with regional offices in North America, mainland Europe and ROW to support their marketing and communications requirements.
The role will cover a wide range of marketing activities, including event management, content and artwork creation, social media and web management, database management, sales support and general administrative tasks. We are looking for someone who can take the initiative, work well as a team and on their own and is always looking for ways to improve.
- Coordinating events globally (book fairs, conferences, customer forums, etc.) including organisation of exhibition stands, sponsorship, presentation or speaker opportunities, event marketing, generation and organisation of meetings, etc.
- Planning, generating and executing social media campaigns including producing creative, clever, engaging and persuasive content to raise the visibility of the company and maintain a constant presence on key social media platforms (Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Tracking and measuring social media activity to ensure the continued growth of our online presence, including devising strategies for the rollout of employee advocacy programmes.
- Maintaining the company website using Wix, tracking and analysing visitors, visitor behaviour, page views etc with Google Analytics and making recommendations for improving engagement and conversions, including identifying strategies for increasing SEO
- Developing and maintaining content to support the customer lifecycle and build the company brand, including company literature, websites, press releases, articles, whitepapers, social media profiles, marketing emails, webinars, presentations and sales tools, etc.
- Maintaining the company-wide CRM including ensuring account, customer and prospect information is kept accurate and up-to-date
- Creating regular communications to customers and prospects to raise awareness of new products, developments, news etc
- Generating artwork for on and off-line campaigns and promotional materials.
- Monitoring and report on the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Undertaking daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years of experience working in the marketing/comms/PR department for a publisher, software or B2B media company
- A bachelor degree or professional qualification in marketing, communications or public relations preferred
- A good blend of hands-on experience and theoretical background, understanding real-life applications of the full marketing mix
- Excellent communications, writing and project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google-based applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides tec)
- Good working knowledge of the following: Salesforce, Wix, MailChimp, Google Analytics and InDesign
- Knowledge of the publishing industry and/or enterprise/SaaS software will be an advantage, but not necessary
The role is based at our UK headquarters in Brighton working with the Marketing and Communications Manager and members of the senior management team to develop and apply successful strategies.
Virtusales rewards productivity with good pay, excellent conditions and an informal working atmosphere; Virtusales' emphasis is on modern management techniques, a flat hierarchy and flexible working hours to get the very best from our team.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies, please.
The role will suit someone with:
- Good attention to detail and organisation skills
- Ability to work under own initiative, multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Confident, dynamic and empathetic personality
- Creative outlook
- Tenacity, drive and a willingness to learn