Senior Learning Designer
Brightwave Group is the leading agency for next generation learning solutions, services and products. We utilise our expertise, innovation and creativity to design award-winning learning solutions that deliver your business objectives and truly engage your employees. Our experts work in collaboration with our clients to help identify and define their business and learning objectives. This consultative approach ensures we create tailored solutions focussed on specific performance requirements – from onboarding and systems training to major business transformation and beyond.
Reports to: Head of Production
Discipline lead: Director of Design
Why work for Brightwave?
You'll find a lot at Brightwave.
Great people, a competitive salary, and a flexible benefits scheme are just where it begins. We're an ‘award-winning’ market leader in creating engaging, high-impact digital learning.
We provide blended learning, learning portals, learning games and consultancy, working with an exciting range of global clients representing every industry sector. Our multi-talented, creative team have worked with many of the world's top brands.
We're friendly, fun and seriously committed to our core values of Innovation, Creativity and Collaboration (and you can see the sea from our offices).
Overview of the role
We're expanding and this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Learning Designer to work with an award-winning learning services company that values creativity and innovation.
You will have strong experience designing effective digital learning solutions and be able to discuss and explain them confidently with internal teams and clients. You'll be able to develop strong relationships with clients and recommend solutions with confidence and assurance. Familiar with the issues that can occur over the lifecycle of a project, you are confident and able to take action to anticipate and resolve problems as they occur.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Support the sales team in developing, delivering and pitching proposals
• Introduce new thinking and innovative elements to designs
• Take the lead in discussing requirements with clients and in creating effective design solutions
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients
• Direct, guide and coach any scriptwriters and learning designers working on projects under your lead
• Talk with authority about the impact of technological trends on learning design
• Take the initiative and work proactively as an individual and within your team
• Discuss requirements with clients
• Write creative design treatments for proposals and liaise with graphic artists to develop the visualisations for proposals
• Present your design ideas at sales pitches
• Create and deliver learning design and scripting workshops for clients
• Work collaboratively with the internal team to deliver proposals or solutions
• Review, edit and critique scripts and provide feedback to scriptwriters
• Deliver talks and presentations at exhibitions and conferences
• Work with Marketing to create articles, blogs, vlogs and webinars on current and emerging topics
• Focus on innovation in every project possible - whether that's a new design approach or improvement to the process of delivering a project
You will have the following skills and attributes:
• Persuasive, fluent writing skills, including an ability to deliver varied styles depending on context and client
• Articulate and highly confident pitching and presentational skills
• Able to deliver original, winning proposals within tight time schedules
• A client-first attitude at all times - you go the extra mile to make sure they get the best possible service
• Credibility when talking to clients and coaching internal team members
• Proactive interest in the bigger learning picture - from current events in business and society to technology trends as they relate to learning and development
• Clarity of thought and communication and an analytical approach to problem solving
• Ability to improvise and respond effectively to uncertainty and lack of detail on the part of the client or in terms of the content
Essential: Strong experience of digital and / or blended learning design.
Desirable: Degree educated, or equivalent experience in some other area of digital learning such as project management, QA or as a commissioning client.