Junior Digital Training Developer
Me Learning is a fast-growing business with over 12 years’ experience in creating, developing, selling and maintaining a range of online training courses providing exceptional digital learning solutions. We also deliver Learning Management Systems, training consultancy, planning, development and training delivery services.
Our customers include those in the public, private and third sectors as well as individuals through our website.
Me Learning has grown over 50% in the last two years and now deals with 75% of the Local Authorities in the UK; including over half of the Authorities in London. Our strategic plan is to maintain and grow our current customer base whilst also targeting new business growth in the Health and Police Sectors.
To achieve this growth ambition, we will need to build an agile business which maximises all our skills whether they be course design, development and production or development of our brand and growth into new and existing sectors.
This is an exciting chance to join the newly restructured Systems Training Team, the backbone of the company who specialise in developing blended learning solutions for large organisations to ensure their staff are using their complex client management systems as intended.
As a Junior Digital Training Developer, you will work with your colleagues in the Systems Training Team to create consistently high-quality digital training interventions to meet our customers’ training requirements. You will also work closely with the Sales, Creative and Business Operations teams to advise customers on a blended learning approach.
With a systematic approach, a creative eye for detail and a desire to learn, you will be at the forefront of Me Learning’s pioneering approach to IT systems training.
This role requires occasional nationwide travel to customer sites, with possible overnight stays.
Creating and maintaining our generic system training suites for our existing and new customers:
- Developing an understanding of each IT system and the sector in which it is used
- Scripting online training courses to match the best-practice use of the system
- Selecting and suggesting appropriate screen types and interactions when script writing
- Creating interactive tutorials from scripts you and your peers have created
- Reviewing and feeding back on courses that your peers have created
- Building strong working relationships with customers and suppliers
Working with a wide range of customers on bespoke blended learning projects:
- Participating in calls with customers to understand their IT system training requirements
- Supporting the account managers to suggest appropriate training interventions to meet the customer’s identified requirements
- Working with customers to screen capture and understand the use of their IT systems (on-site or remotely)
- Producing engaging content for a variety of audiences to meet learning objectives
Don’t worry if some of the above is new to you - we can help you develop your skills and organically develop this role.
- Great writing and grammar skills
- Technically adept and not afraid to learn new tools, apps or principles
- Desire to learn new skills
- Happy to work closely with stakeholders to understand needs before starting projects
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel
- Ability to engage with customers to gather system training requirements
- Ability to talk about and explain the rationale in your work
- Ability to work to deadlines, communicating regularly with Project Managers and the wider team about progress
- Be able to learn the software we use for systems training development (Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Photoshop (or similar digital image manipulation software), etc.)
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to estimate time needed for specific tasks
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Desire to challenge and improve internal tools and processes
- Comfortable providing peer feedback to colleagues on the work they produce
- Knowledge of how a public sector establishment works (e.g. social services department, health provider, police force, education)
As part of this recruitment process, Me Learning collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Me Learning is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
For more information use this link.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days Holiday (not including Public holidays)
- Perkbox Account
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Annual Flu Vaccination
- Weekly fruit deliveries to the Shoreham office
- Vitality - Private Health Insurance Scheme after two years of service
- Positive working culture encouraging of a genuine Life/work Balance
Please send us your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.