The Changing Workplace builds space-management software that supports some of the largest blue chip companies around the world. Our tools provide the operational capability and data insight that enable organisations to manage their buildings and optimise costs.
The Corporate Real Estate industry is constantly changing, regularly requiring us to iterate our approach to industry demands - from pushing development capabilities across the full-stack to critically analysing new technologies, such as IoT and AI.
This is a full-stack development role. You’ll be working on everything to deliver a first-class experience to our clients, from working on databases to server-side processes and some innovative front-end tech. Our stack includes Laravel and Vue.js in addition to various older technologies – you’ll be working across all of these and working with the rest of our team to deliver client request as well as R&D on new features.
As a senior developer, we would expect you to contribute to best practice & share your knowledge with junior team members and encourage them to develop their code skills.
The Changing Workplace are looking for someone who has a passion for development and technology in general and can demonstrate this to us. If you have a portfolio or a GitHub account, we’d love to see it.
• Development & maintenance of robust software solutions for our suite of web-based products & client sites
• Improving the UX of our products & client sites
• Implement best practise & coding standards library
• Communicate with clients, colleagues & management to explain complex issues clearly & concisely
• Provide mentorship to other members of the development team
• Evaluate software & systems, and integrate existing software products
• Creating technical specifications
• Writing operational documentation
• Working closely with other staff, such as Account Managers, Product Team, Project Managers, Testers and other member of the Development Team
• Investigate new technologies
• Salary depending upon experience
• Start date as soon as possible
• Good benefits package
• 37.5 hour week
• 22 days holiday (not including bank holidays) increasing with longevity
• Our office is right next to Haywards Heath station for easy commuting
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be asked to provide relevant documentation on the day of interview.
Candidates must also consent to background screening checks such as 5-year employment history and home address. Due to the sensitive nature of the client data that we work with, these checks may sometimes include a Credit check and a Criminal Record Disclosure.
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV, cover letter & salary expectation to email@example.com
Interviews will be carried out week commencing 27 August 2019.
• Skills in a server-side scripting language such as PHP, node JS
• Good knowledge of the principles of relational databases and knowledge of SQL
• Good skills in HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
• A meticulous and organised approach to work
• A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems
• Proven leadership experience with the ability to be a positive influence and grow a team
• A hands-on attitude: be passionate, persistent and curious
• The ability to work both in a team and alone, and to manage your own workload
• Be able to learn new skills & technologies quickly
• University degree in computer science (or similar) and at least 2 years’ commercial experience in a relevant role. We will consider applications without a degree if you can show us you have the right skills
• Skills in responsive web design
• Understanding of the principles of RESTful web applications
• Understanding of MVC and OO principles
• Laravel framework is advantageous