Business Development Manager (Consumer Brands)
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does a Business Development Manager at TSR do?
Working within our Consumer Brands sales team, you will be responsible for managing a defined territory with the objective of growing revenue through new business and renewals, whilst also nurturing and developing our long-tail prospective clients
The Student Room's product range is a blend of traditional online advertising, emails, content and social media engagement, which help clients connect to our booming online youth community. You will develop into an online advertising expert so that you are completely confident in digital marketing terminology and the new and emerging technologies within the sector.
Key role responsibilities:
- Proactively drive sales, be passionate about our products, developing and retaining our customer base through incoming calls/emails, research, known contacts, cold calls, networking, account management and new business meetings.
- Develop strong, long-lasting relationships with key decision-makers
- Ensure a rolling and clearly defined list of key prospects
- Deliver engaging, effective sales presentations that provide a clear message to all existing and prospective clients
- Ensure all CRM, pipeline and sales activity log requirements are completed efficiently and thoroughly
- Share market feedback with internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the sales team
- In conjunction with our client services team, ensure efficient management of clients’ campaigns from start to finish
- Ensure tasks are delivered on time and with accuracy
- Regularly monitor your personal objectives
- Develop and maintain good levels of market knowledge/leads through networking, event attendance, trade press etc.
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
- Experienced working in media sales
- Able to evidence their proven sales successes and achievements to date
- Experienced in working with targets and KPI’s
- Self-motivated, driven and is goal orientated and takes respnsibility for their success
- Able to embrace and adapt to change
- Socially confident and can connect and understand different types of people
- Excellent at communicating both face to face, in writing and can deliver effective presentations.
- Creative and curious and is prepared to ask questions and think outside the box
- Financially motivated and driven to achieve commission
- Have worked in fast growth, competitive environments (highly desirable but not essential)
- Degree or equivalent educated (desirable not essential)
Working at TSR
- We care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work-life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pet-friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com
For the most up to date details regarding all of TSR’s current vacancies please visit http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/join-the-team/ follow us on twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn. TSR is dedicated to creating an inclusive working environment that encompasses diversity and equal opportunities. We are committed to supporting a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills