The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does a News and Features writer at TSR do?
TSR is looking for a talented journalist to join our community and marketing team. You’ll be part of the team creating news and features for the world’s largest online student community, with more than eight million students visiting our site every month.
This job involves researching, writing and building content for our audience of students, from GCSE-age through to A-level, university and beyond. You’ll be working across a range of core projects, helping to ensure our content is timely, compelling and factually impeccable.
The role reports to our editor-in-chief and is a flexible, part-time opportunity (15-20 hours per week) which offers excellent work/life balance.
Key role responsibilities:
• Working with the community and marketing teams to research and write news and feature content.
• Pitching ideas for content in line with our overall editorial plan
• Reporting and breaking education-focused news stories
• Developing a deep understanding of our forums and creating feature content that brings the best of our community’s conversations to a wider audience.
• Building a strong knowledge of the UK education system and the challenges facing students throughout school, college and university
• Building an audience for our content by promoting it via onsite, offsite and social media channels.
This opportunity will suit someone who has:
• Proven experience of working in a content creation role for an online publication
• Experience of content creation, content marketing and social media
• Experience of using an online content management system
• An understanding of web analytics and how these can be used to inform content strategy
• An unerring eye for detail
• The ability to adapt your writing style to match a specific tone of voice
• Impeccable writing skills across a range of formats
• Excellent communication skills
Working at TSR
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work-life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
• A competitive salary
• 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off (pro-rata based on part-time hours)
• Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
• Flexible working hours and arrangements
• Group Life insurance
• Generous pension scheme
• Private healthcare
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Pet friendly workplace
• Fresh fruit
• Friday afternoon drinks
• Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
To apply for this position to join the team, please send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV to email@example.com
For the most up to date details regarding all of TSR’s current vacancies please visit http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/join-the-team/ follow us on twitter and Facebook @TSRcareers, or find us on LinkedIn.
TSR is dedicated to creating an inclusive working environment that encompasses diversity and equal opportunities. We are committed to supporting a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills