Responsible Travel is an activist travel company helping to connect customers with amazing tour operators around the world who demonstrate the win-win of responsible tourism where local communities, wildlife and the environment benefit. Responsible Travel represents 430 of these specialist tour operators, who are all screened by us to ensure that they meet our rigorous criteria for responsible tourism. Operators pay a fee to appear on the site and we receive a commission on confirmed bookings.
Working as part of a team of three, the role of the Account Manager is to manage and maintain relationships with operators, ensuring a high level of service is provided and that our partners see Responsible Travel as an effective marketing strategy.
You’ll work on a range of accounts, from large multinational travel companies to owner-operators who have turned to tourism to make their passion their livelihood. The main objective of the Account Manager is to effectively manage the relationships with our partners, maximising the financial returns that we make from the tour operators and accommodations we represent (our members) and to ensure that we exceed their expectations of partnering with us, and that they subsequently renew their membership.
- High level of communication skills are essential, both verbal and written
– particularly to ensure members are effectively tracking bookings and using our CMS to declare bookings
- Ability to effectively self-manage workload and prioritise accordingly
- Excellent analytical skills, high level of numeracy, and ability to produce monthly reports on the business performance of the accounts managed for discussion and action
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and demonstrate confidence in communicating with our tour partners both via email and telephone
- Sales experience is required to sell content marketing packages in the form of travel guides, articles and newsletter slots
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and represent the world's leading responsible tourism organisation and become part of our team.
Salary £25,500 plus £2,000 OTE from commission earned on sales to members.
The position is office based in Brighton, UK. We are looking for someone who is living in the UK now.
The start date will be as soon as possible.
Apply by email with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 23rd August.
- At least 2 years in an account management role or similar
- Experience of managing commercial account relationships and using a CMS
- SEO skills to select the best search terms, write meta tags and write copy pages to optimise the marketing of members’ holidays
- PPC skills to create and monitor online ads for members' pages. You will be responsible for pay-per-click advertising campaigns