We are a young and growing company in the fast-moving travel sector. Our team are hard-working, driven and extremely committed to everything they do. At Alternative Airlines, our staff are important and we are committed to their on-going personal development.
Alternativeairlines.com is an on-line travel agency offering a wider choice of flights for its customers. By working with more airlines worldwide, including smaller regional carriers, we offer a greater choice of flight options at lower prices. If you would like to join our business, then please keep on reading....
We are expanding the team and looking for a talented developer to join our team!
We are looking for someone with a passion for back-end development and making websites and applications that work well across multiple browsers and devices.
The role will be focused on the back-end development of Alternative Airlines’ platform and projects. We are enjoying a period of high growth and have clear traffic goals from our current base of c.400,000 monthly users to 750,000 by 2019 and 1 million by 2020. Projects will include developing the platform of Alternative Airlines from an English-only site into a multi-language site attractive to our global customer base and API integrations to broaden the scope of Alternative Airlines offering.
The role will have real responsibility and decision-making authority to control and develop the platform of Alternativeairlines.com. Our diverse team of developers use both established and proven techniques such as PHP and MySQL, but also work with modern technologies such as Docker and React. We operate in a very agile, progressive and fast-paced manner in order to offer our customers the best flight booking experience. There will be an opportunity also to work on front-end projects as well as part of an expanding team.
Employee benefits include:
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible working hours
• Access to discounted air travel
• Opportunities to attend airline hosted events
• Free parking
• Free WIFI
• Summer and Christmas parties
• Fruit delivered to the office for everyone to enjoy
• Your choice of laptop
• To have a good understanding and experience of server side technologies such as PHP, Apache, and Linux
• Experience working with MySQL databases is essential
• Experience with building or consuming web services and APIs
• Understanding and experience using Git and Git workflows
• To be educated to degree level in a software / web development degree or similar is preferred
Please apply by sending your cv to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
• Willingness to learn new techniques and skills