Back-End PHP Developer
Alternative Airlines is a fast growing Online Travel Agent. We have built a strong online presence, www.alternativeairlines.com, with an ultra-quick flight booking capability and an expanding, global customer base of delighted consumers. With a unique customer-focused approach to a huge, well-established market for air travel, the organisation has built a reputation for innovation, attention to detail and doing things differently.
Alternative Airlines is enjoying an exciting period of high growth and we are continually expanding our development team and looking for great developers with a passion for PHP and making websites and applications that work well across multiple browsers and devices.
The role will be focused on the back-end development of Alternative Airlines’ platform and projects. Projects are wide-ranging and we allow all the developers the flexibility to work on projects that interest them. Our back-end team works on many types of projects include API integrations with major payment partners: PayPal, Affirm, Klarna, API connections with technology partners and airlines.
Our entrepreneurial and creative culture enables our development team to work with many different types of frameworks and tools such as React, Laravel, Docker, Redis and DynamoDB. The role will have real responsibility and decision-making authority to control and develop the platform of Alternativeairlines.com.
Our large, spacious office is located close to Gatwick Airport and is within 30 minutes travel by train from both London and Brighton.
- Experience with PHP and MYSQL essential
- Experience with Laravel useful, but not essential
- Experience with building or consuming web services and APIs
- Understanding and experience using Git
What we offer
- Flexibility in the role and projects to work on
- Choice of company laptop (Mac or PC)
- Access to discounted air travel
- Summer and Christmas parties
- Travel Perks
- 23 days holiday
- Monthly socials
- Friday drinks
- Parking on site
- Flexible working
- Fresh seasonal fruit basket provided
- We have regular team socials and try to afford our staff the right work-life balance in order to make sure they can focus on the things that matter to them