GBvi is a small, growing company specialised in projection display technology and is a world leader in optical blending.
At GBvi we continually introduce new products and related services to sell through display integrators into Simulation & Training, Entertainment, Museums, Gaming and other industries.
GBVI is looking for a talented Engineer to join the team working on projection display systems in applications such as military flight sims, planetaria and theme park dark rides.
- Are you interested in the complexities involved in making a simulated visual experience perfect?
- Could your skills be used to help our customers achieve a great experience in the world of flight simulators and planetaria?
This role is envisaged to include significant contribution to “how the company works” through participation in R&D, project engineering, product development and process introductions – and getting products out of the door.
GENERAL ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To lead deliverable optical blending and related projects through from inception to completion, including primary responsibilities of:
- Blending system design – involving projection display analysis and recommendation of improvements as required
- Manage project schedule, procurement and logistics
- As required/agreed with the customer, visit site to install / train / hand over GBVI Chronos optical blending and related hardware
- Prepare customer proposals and quotations
- Perform key projection and related testing, both in-house and on-site, to characterize opto-mechanical systems and devise deliverable solutions
RELATED ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO;
- In-house manufacturing, build and configuration of deliverable hardware
- Contributing to product developments; feedback from projects, proposing new ideas for products, tools (software or hardware)
- Contributing to company development for growth
- Training other staff (and customers if appropriate) in the use of GBVI products and software tools
- Preparation of demonstrations, in-house, on-site and at trade shows, including international travel, sometimes at short notice.
ANTICIPATED TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- GBvi design & manufacturing processes and tools
- GBvi Health & Safety procedures and policies
- Multi-channel projection system set-up to high standards
- Strong grasp of physics and geometry relevant to 3D environments (real and virtual)
- Strong awareness of virtual environment concepts in visualization and display system applications
- Ability to learn and apply oneself to new areas, including those related to real-time visual environments
- Fluency in office software (e.g., MS Office / Google docs) – spreadsheets, word-processing, presentations
- Good interpersonal skills – confidence, positivity, communication, teamwork, problem-solving, time management, managing pressure, flexibility, work ethic
- Experience working with CAD, specifically Autodesk Fusion360, Trimble Sketchup
- IT skills – PC configuration, use of apps
- Programming in C#/NET, Microsoft WPF
- Use of image processing tools such as Fiji / ImageJ
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BSc (Hons) equivalent or higher in a relevant engineering and/or software discipline
- Or HNC equivalent plus relevant experience
- GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English.
Subject Line: Systems Engineer
Attention: Geoff Blackham