At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision-engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT and The Times.
We also love data; with every interaction we learn more about our customers - gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
At 15gifts we’re passionate about technology, committed to continuously improving our security posture, and we need an IT Support Engineer to help us move forwards with a number of initiatives. As the second member of a new team, you’ll be taking on varied responsibilities including supporting our employees, keeping our Macs running, working with Linux servers, managing AWS infrastructure and progressing projects. The role has a career path towards DevOps, so we’re looking for someone who’s keen to learn.
The person we are looking for...
- Working towards a DevOps career path
- Passionate about technology and security
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Multi-disciplined and a great problem solver
- Able to learn and adapt quickly
You will be responsible for...
- Keeping our workforce running and associated infrastructure secure
- Owning projects and completing them to a high standard
- Finding ways to be more efficient through automation
- Introducing new technology to the business
- Developing our AWS infrastructure
Essential experience you’ll need
- Supporting Apple Macs
- Basic Linux administration
- Track record of owning and completing I.T projects
- Competence with basic networking concepts (essential)
- Exposure to AWS services such as Route53, EC2 and RDS
Additional skills that would be very useful are
- Exposure to security policies, frameworks or systems
- Automation using Bash or other language
- Automation using tools such as Terraform, Chef or similar
- Experience with MDM tools & MacOs Profiles
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
15gifts cultural values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. Our flexible workspaces mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: free lunch and talks every Friday
- Lunchtime yoga, mindfulness and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, from Friday drinks to tea clubs and volleyball
- Visits from friendly office dogs
- Quarterly reviews that involve everyone in strategy planning
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme): confidential counselling for work and personal issues
- Cycle to work scheme and free eye tests
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
To apply, please upload your CV with a cover letter detailing why you would be great for the role and why you want to work at 15gifts!
** No Agencies **