At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision-engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT and The Times.
We also love data; with every interaction we learn more about our customers - gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Tech Ops team. You’ll be starting in a new team that’s working to build a secure and efficient technical operations function. You’ll get the chance to make a big impact in a business that’s growing and moving quickly. The role will be varied and challenging but never dull, and we’re looking for the right person to help us achieve our vision
The person we are looking for...
- Has a passion for technology and an excellent eye for detail
- Is multi-disciplined and thrives on solving problems
- Operates with security at the forefront of their mind
- Takes ownership over issues, big or small
- Loves learning and taking on challenges
- Can work in harmony with all areas of the business
You will be responsible for...
- Helping & supporting all employees with the equipment and software they rely on day to day
- Maintaining a robust security posture by implementing and upholding security policies and processes to protect our assets
- Developing better ways of working to improve company efficiency through the use of technology and automation
- Taking on and owning I.T projects, completing them to a high standard
- Maintaining, building & securing infrastructure in AWS
Essential experience you’ll need
- At least 3 years working in a similar role
- Maintaining SaaS workloads in AWS or other leading cloud platform
- Supporting a fleet of Apple Macs, and the employees that rely on them
- Administering Linux, ideally Ubuntu or other Debian-based distro
- Basic network administration, configuring routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- Proven experience owning and finishing projects to a high standard
Additional skills that would be very useful are
- Configuring and deploying MacOs profiles with MDM tools
- Provisioning infrastructure with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Managing server configurations with Chef or similar tooling
- Scripting automation with Bash, Python or Powershell
- Automation of CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, CircleCI or similar
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
15gifts cultural values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. Our flexible workspaces mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: free lunch and talks every Friday
- Lunchtime yoga, mindfulness and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, from Friday drinks to tea clubs and volleyball
- Visits from friendly office dogs
- Quarterly reviews that involve everyone in strategy planning
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme): confidential counselling for work and personal issues
- Cycle to work scheme and free eye tests
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
To apply, please upload your CV with a cover letter detailing why you would be great for the role and why you want to work at 15gifts!
** No Agencies **