Hello! We're Ocasta - a friendly, diverse team that design, build and maintain Oplift, our Digital Operations Platform and other custom solutions. We are now looking to increase the size of our small but talented server team. When we're not drinking coffee (other beverages are available) or eating cake we're writing code with our tools of choice: GoLang, GraphQL, microservices, AWS and serverless. Just occasionally we have to show some love to our older NodeJS code or even to some ancient PHP. If you don't have experience with some or all of these but have a track record of working with a variety of programming languages and technologies we'll be happy to teach you.
We have a great office in Brighton and aim for a good work life balance which means we don't mind where in the UK you are based as we're happy for you to work remotely. We encourage anyone applying to read some of the Five minutes with... series of posts we have on our website where our Ocastars talk about why they enjoy working here.
- Work with our product and sales team to spec our solutions and with our iOS, Android and Web teams in order to design and implement them.
- Write and maintain GoLang and NodeJS code
- Use MongoDB and SQL databases
- Use AWS features such as SNS, SQS and Lambda
- Work with the sales team to develop specs and pricing
- Work with other server developers or alone to deliver solutions
- Be involved in DevOps activities using Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes
- Create automated tests
- Assist in our technology choices
- Learn new skills
- Support and bug fix new and existing projects
- Share thoughts on designs and concepts
- Perform code reviews - helping you and other team members write better code
- Participate in sprint planning
If these sound like the sort of thing you'd like to be doing every day please get in touch.
What to Expect If You Apply
- We will review you application within 7 days. The more you can tell us about yourself and your previous roles the easier it is for us to make a thorough evaluation of your suitability for the role. Links to code are helpful but not compulsory.
- Arrange an interview (in person or by video) with a couple of our server developers
- We might ask you to complete a short programming exercise. This is an opportunity for you to see a glimpse of the kind of work you'd be doing here, and for us evaluate your technical skills. We will then follow up with a short meeting to discuss you submission.
- Make you an offer.
Please apply now online via our website - join.ocasta.com!
There are no strict educational qualifications requirements - we'd just like to see what you've done that demonstrates your abilities.
We're looking for applicants with at least a couple of years full time experience. Salary will be in the range £35,000 - £50,000 depending on your knowledge and skills.
Unfortunately as a small company we are not in a position to help with visa or work permit applications so we cannot consider non-EU applicants at this time.