Joining our Community team, you will take responsibility for writing and managing our end-user product documentation (found at https://help.totaralearning.com/). We are looking for a strong technical writer who can distill complex information into clear, concise text in line with our agreed written style guide. Excellent writing and grammar skills are essential, along with a good eye for detail, consistency and correctness.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to obtain an in-depth understanding of our products and define documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Able to manage and work to project deadlines
- Create screenshots, screencasts, diagrams and other visual media to complement written documentation
- Editing, formatting, proofreading, quality assurance and document publishing
- Create and maintain a consistent information architecture
- Identify gaps and errors in existing documentation and update it for clarity, consistency and accuracy
- Ensure consistent wording between product documentation and language use within our products and company brand guidelines
- Work with our visual and UX designers to make our documentation and training materials clear, professional and visually attractive
- Manage our documentation version control system (JIRA Confluence with Scroll Versions) to ensure correct documentation across multiple software versions
- Use data analysis to determine documentation usage patterns and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work on continuously improving our tools, systems and processes to produce the best documentation possible
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Able to acquire subject knowledge through reading of existing documentation and specifications, confirmation via product usage and communication with the development team
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and describe them in easy to understand terms
- Able to use and configure technical documentation tools
- Fluency in any other commonly used languages
- Experience with learning technologies e.g. a Learning Management System
- Experience in instructional design (scripting interactive tutorials, demonstration videos and simulations)
- Experience with CSS
- Experience of working on localisation projects
- Knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics tools for assessing user interaction with technical documentation
About Totara Learning:
Totara is a rapidly growing learning technology company. Our platform and products offer the flexibility of open source software to organisations that need new and innovative ways to develop the skills of their people. Collectively we support millions of learners all over the world. We offer a dynamic and stimulating environment, working with a great team of people, with the opportunity to grow your talents and experience.
- Competitive salaries (and contributory pension)
- Challenging and interesting work
- A strong and supportive team
- Freedom to be creative and innovative
This is a full-time role located in our office in Brighton, United Kingdom.
Please provide a CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, together with a sample of user documentation that you have authored. No agencies, please.