Virtusales is the UK's market leader for book and content publishing systems and a successful software provider to publishers globally. Our Biblio suite of publishing software runs the processes for many prominent publishers such as Penguin Random House, Hachette, Pan Macmillan, Oxford University Press, Harvard University Press, Princeton University Press, World Health Organisation, Bloomsbury and a number of high-profile independents.
With offices in New York, Ottawa and Munich, we are looking for a marketing manager to grow our head office team in Brighton. The successful individual will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to build our marketing function; devising and implementing plans and strategies that will develop our already excellent brand and reputation worldwide.
Responsible for the global marketing, communications and public relations activities, the role will require a hands on approach to content creation and approval, while keeping visibility on strategic level marketing objectives and working to clearly defined company targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan marketing and communication activities for UK, US, mainland Europe and ROW to include a 3-month rolling schedule
- Produce creative, clever, engaging and persuasive content to keep employees and external stakeholders informed of company developments and maintain a positive image of the company, including including company literature, websites, press releases, articles, whitepapers, social media profiles (LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing), marketing emails, presentations and sales tools, etc.
- Work closely with regional offices and agencies to support their marketing, communications and public relations requirements
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and prospective customers
- Manage press relations including development of worldwide press database, building relationships with key press in four regions, and distributing and following up on information to press
- Take overall responsibility for events globally (bookfairs, conferences, customer forums, etc.) including organisation of exhibition stands, sponsorship, presentation or speaker opportunities, event marketing, generation and organisation of meetings, etc.
- Manage responses to sales enquiries (globally) and requests for information and proposals (in UK)
- Take responsibility for company wide CRM, contacts, prospects and opportunities and produce monthly sales pipeline reports
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications
- Work closely with design agencies to create and maintain a professional corporate identity
- Overseeing the company's marketing budget
The role will suit someone with:
- A bachelor degree in marketing, communications or public relations
- A professional qualification from chartered institute of marketing or public relations, and/or a relevant MA qualification
- A minimum of five years experience working in the marketing / comms / PR department for a publisher, or B2B media company
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Confident, dynamic and empathetic personality.
- Creative outlook.
- Knowledge of the publishing industry will be an advantage, but not necessary
The role is based at our UK headquarters in Brighton working with the Director of Marketing and Communications and other senior managers to develop and apply successful strategies.
Virtusales rewards productivity with good pay, excellent conditions and an informal working atmosphere; Virtusales' emphasis is on modern management techniques, a flat hierarchy and flexible working hours to get the very best from our team.