Support Desk Engineer
The Network Factory is a leading IT consultancy serving prestigious companies within the Fintech, IoT and Smart-cities tech space. We provide cloud adoption and digital transformation, allowing our clients to advance towards modern, microservices-based scalable infrastructure on AWS, Azure or on-premises, using Kubernetes, infrastructure-as-code and the Hashicorp tools.
Our team is based in Eastbourne Town Centre however we are open to remote working opportunities for the right candidate after your probationary period. We consider ourselves to be excellent employers, with our employees’ well-being at the heart of everything we do. We hold regular, paid-for social events, both in and outside of the office, as well as having a running Mario Kart championship. We also offer competitive salaries, pension plans and a staff share incentive scheme.
The Network Factory require a Support Desk Engineer to join our managed services team. This role will include resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. You will deliver against agreed customer SLAs and internal standards, ensuring incidents, problems and requests are dealt with in a timely manner as well as prioritised against urgency and impact. The role holder will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, providing expert advice to colleagues and explaining solutions in technical and non-technical terms as required.
- Accountable for support and maintenance as part of a team responsible for client systems and platforms
- Providing updates, as appropriate, to the clients and the wider team
- Diagnose and resolve incidents using documented procedures to perform responsibilities and where incident cannot be resolved explore workarounds
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist users in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient
- Ongoing continuous improvement of platforms, procedures, processes and our infrastructure-as-code codebase that drives our reference architecture
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT
- Understand change control procedures
- Proven technical skills and knowledge around Microsoft Azure and Linux
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to plan and prioritise work load without supervision
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Cloud-based deployments, migration and management
To apply please email a CV and a short cover letter to Sarah Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org