£29-33k, according to experience
40hrs/wk with some flexible working & intermittent travel abroad
Weekly complimentary Pilates class at local studio
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the RedZebra team.
This is a chance to work with one of the most progressive people development organisations in the UK with a record of 25 years work around the world, alongside a supportive, personable team with a progressive approach to work. Competitive salary with career and skill development opportunities in facilitation, sales or marketing, according to interest. The opportunity to participate in weekly youth carnival workshops.
RedZebra is an innovative and exciting Brighton-based company working worldwide in the field of People Development through creative events & facilitation.
For over 25 years, across 75 countries RedZebra have been igniting human engagement with organisations in the corporate and charitable sector with clients ranging from UNICEF and Facebook, Google & McLaren, to youth carnival groups, universities & governments. See attached case studies for more in depth descriptions of recent projects
We are a small, core team of friendly, creative and dedicated people working with well-established freelance associates to deliver excellence in client experience/ unforgettable, transformational client experiences. The core team in based in Brighton managing a global network of collaborators.
At the very heart of redzebra you’ll discover our shared values of Creativity, Courage, Impact, Trust & Passion.
Our creative heritage allows us to offer bold, original & unexpected approaches to solving challenges.
We have the courage to do things differently.
We support and challenge our clients to realise greater possibilities.
We are fanatical about results & making a measurable impact for our partners.
We work with trust to build genuine relationships, powerful teamwork & lasting change.
We bring passion to everything we do & strive to live by the values we work by.
RedZebra is looking for a Project Manager with experience in events & conferences, to work alongside our Creative Director and Operations Manager. This role is based in Brighton with opportunities for international travel for project delivery.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Event Project Manager and be able to demonstrate having undertaken similar work from initial proposal through to completion. Experience or understanding of facilitation useful but not essential.
You will play a key role in delivering our extensive events and workshops programme and our community projects and provide strong support to ensure the growth, sustainability and development of RedZebra.
Duties will involve client contact and negotiation, relationship building, managing freelance associates, detailed logistical management of projects and deadlines from concept to conclusion, assistance with preparation of proposals, liaison with Office Manager, principal support to company Creative Director who travels regularly (face-to-face or remotely).
Creating proposals with support (training provided), generating and pursuing options for new business, strategising with Creative Director, developing company social media presence.
Experience Skills & Knowledge
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills, being able to work as a central member of a small office team.
We are looking for a Project Manager who is calm and organised, able to think creatively & logistically, works well under pressure when needed and is able to work collaboratively and independently in a flexibly working team & remotely with your senior who travels frequently.
To apply for the position of Project Manager please see the job description and send your CV with a covering letter telling us how your skills and experience would make you a suitable candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 5pm, 3rd October.
Interviews will take place w/c 7thOctober, due to high levels of response we are only able to respond should we offer you an interview.
- Project management of RedZebra’s events including workshops, conferences & trainings, from creative conception to onsite delivery
- Project team co-ordination & communications
- Budget management
- Managing team collaboration tools such as project planning applications, conf calls, files shares etc
- Client liaison and communications from initial enquiry, proposal development, design, delivery, evaluation and developing future work opportunities
Client Management & Development
- Management of existing client relationships & relationship development
- Support the company’s business development activities including developing proposals, sales collateral & helping manage lead generation through referrals
- Project manage our community arts groups, including funding opportunities, performance opportunities, performance logistics and attending sessions & researching potential community work
Although project management is at the core of this role, in “down times” outside of busy project periods we’d look to have the Project Manager help support the development of the operational aspects of the company…for instance helping create our web marketing materials, brainstorming new business development ideas, helping with IT developments etc.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Strong project management and planning
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise projects
- Excellent business management
- Good financial management
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Able to drive and deliver projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to support global teams
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Project Manager
- Designing and managing events
- Line management of teams
- Event management/administration, including project support, logistics and budgeting
- Outbound Marketing, including marketing emails, newsletters and social media
- Fundraising, including supporting or leading funding bids (desirable)
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Friendly and positive
- Able to form and develop good relationships
- Organised with a methodical approach to work
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker
- Creative and innovative
- Flexible and agile
- Interest in people development, events and music
- Salary will be dependent on skills and experience
- 40 working hours per week
- Hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (the ability to be flexible during busy periods)
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Based in Brighton – BN2
- Additional info: RedZebra Case Studies (625kb) (the link will open in a new window)