Full Stack Developer
- Brightwave Group
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
Full Stack Developer
Reports to: Product Owner
Why work for Brightwave?
You'll find a lot at Brightwave.
Great people, a competitive salary, and a flexible benefits scheme are just where it begins. We're an ‘award-winning’ market leader in creating engaging, high-impact digital learning.
We provide blended learning, learning portals, learning games and consultancy, working with an exciting range of global clients representing every industry sector. Our multi-talented, creative team have worked with many of the world's top brands.
We're friendly, fun and seriously committed to our core values of Innovation, Creativity and Collaboration (and you can see the sea from our offices).
Overview of Role
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer for our learning platforms suite comprising tessello (a fully featured, next-generation LMS for social and collaborative learning) and tessello Go (a lightweight version of tessello focussed on tracking digital learning resources only).
The Full Stack Developer will work within a small and friendly Scrum team working collaboratively to create robust, secure and scalable software, deliver roadmap features and tackle technical debt. As the tessello product has grown substantially in usage, the team is going through a major refactoring phase to improve reliability and performance and you will be at the centre of these efforts to modernise our much-loved application.
- Be responsible for full stack software development using the technologies mentioned
- Working on a small and friendly Agile Scrum team
- Helping coach team members to plug any skills gaps
- Contribute to technology decisions and the continuous improvement process
- Provide accurate estimates for development work
- Provide regular progress updates, communicating problems or better ways of delivering requirements throughout development
- Code review other developers work
- Create technical documentation
- Take part in release and deployment activities
- Take responsibility and ownership of the software architecture
Essential Skills / Experience
- Working in a Scrum environment
- A professional, dynamic and positive attitude
- A commitment to succeed
- A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Ability to work competently under pressure
- Willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
Brightwave operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age or political opinions.