We are looking for a multi-disciplined designer to own the direction and delivery of design projects across all areas of the business. As our lead designer, you’ll be given the freedom to develop our brand identity, define design processes, and embed a culture of design-thinking. You’ll be extremely hands-on too, working on a wide variety of projects across digital and SaaS-product.
As a member of our growing marketing team, you’ll report into the Head of Marketing, but you’ll work closely with other teams in the business. We view design as essential to the success of all product, content, and marketing initiatives which drives business growth.
Our brand is highly respected in the SEO industry thanks for our industry-leading products, research and content. As our Lead Designer, you’ll be given ownership over our brand identity, helping to cement BrightLocal’s position as a market leader. You’ll be given the freedom and support to explore new directions for our visual identity across every inch of our business.
You’ll play a key role in defining the direction and identity of our website which receives over 200,000 visits each month and is our biggest source of new business. We’re looking for a creative and innovative designer to help take it to the level.
You’ll also take the lead on all SaaS-product design projects. You’ll collaborate with Product Managers and our UX Designer to deliver enhanced UI and UX that delivers greater user engagement and product adoption.
As you can see there are huge opportunities for an ambitious designer looking to expand their repertoire, flex their creative muscles, and work on a wide variety of interesting projects.
Role and responsibilities:
- Overseeing all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Leading the development of our brand and visual identity
- Owning the visual identity, user experience and UI design of our website
- Creating digital assets to support cross-channel marketing campaigns including blog headers, social assets, display banners, and PDFs
- Working with the product team to deliver UI design for new products and features
- Ensuring all touchpoints adhere to our brand identity — from website to product to sales collateral
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- 3+ years of web design experience
- Experience managing design processes from discovery to wireframing to production
- Experience delivering design work across many different formats
- Experience developing brand and visual identities
- Strong graphic design and illustration skills
- Strong UI and interaction design skills
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, and Sketch
- Knowledge of wireframing and prototyping software — preferably Invision or Zeplin
- Knowledge of modern web conventions, HTML and CSS
Bonus skills and experiences:
- Experience working on software design
- Experience in delivering production-ready print artwork
- Knowledge of product development processes
- Experience working in a SaaS business
- Video production and motion design skills
- Ability to produce HTML5 animations
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced business
- A natural problem solver who relishes new challenges
- Not afraid to question how things are done and to suggest ways to do things better
- Comfortable asking for feedback
- Able to collaborate with different teams and personality types
- Always keeping an eye on the latest design trends but doesn’t just follow the crowd
Benefits and perks:
- Performance-related bonus worth up to 20% of annual salary
- 25 days paid holiday per year + public holidays
- An extra paid day off on your birthday
- Generous training budget
- Regular team-building activities and team lunches
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- Weekly massages
Launched in 2009, BrightLocal has grown its local marketing tools from strength to strength in the decade since. Our customers range from small-to-medium-sized businesses and SEO agencies to large enterprises such as Paddy Power, IKEA and wagamama.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining BrightLocal; we only recently moved into our upgraded new digs opposite Brighton Dome and company growth is continuous. It’s also a great time to be joining a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) or technology company, too, as knowledge and skills developed here are hugely useful in this growing industry.
We’re keen to invest in our team’s continued success, and offer regular training and conference opportunities. Having fun is a big part of our company culture, too! We regularly organise social events, which can include everything from skydiving and sailing to escape rooms and scavenger hunts.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter and be sure to include links to your portfolio or examples of your best work.