- Brighton Fringe Ltd
- Brighton BN1
- £17700 plus additional benefits
- Design / Creative, Marketing / PR, Production
- Contract Type
Brighton Fringe Ltd seeks a competent, motivated, methodical and creative individual for the position of Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is a year-round post, supporting the delivery of integrated marketing, including PR, design and commercial development.
The post holder will have proven experience in an arts environment, delivering effective marketing services in multiple mediums, on time and within limited budgets, with excellent attention to detail in written and visual work. This is a crucial and wide-ranging role within the central organisation that runs England’s largest and fastest-growing arts festival.
Benefits of Working for Brighton Fringe:
- Platinum Friends Membership (worth £200 per year)
- Free event registration each year
- Tea, coffee and birthday treats!
- Christmas party
- Invites to exclusive events throughout the year
- Free ticket opportunities
- Opportunity to travel to other Fringe events around the globe
- Central Brighton office location
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Marketing, Communications and Development
• Working with the Marketing Manager, marketing, press and events team, assist and coordinate year-round marketing, press and event plans and oversee day-to-day marketing and communications activities.
• Help coordinate print activity, obtaining quotes and working closely with print partners.
• Assist, design and coordinate the production and design of the brochure, family guide and other marketing materials, working with the Production & Distribution Coordinator as required.
• Develop the style guides and design elements of all marketing materials with the Marketing Manager.
• Support the Marketing Manager with the development and delivery of sponsored activity.
• Work with commercial partners to deliver the marketing aspects of partnership agreements.
• General copy-writing for print, website and mobile app, at all times maintaining consistent Brighton Fringe style.
• Contribute to delivering design work and ensure all communications are on-brand and on time.
• Engage and coordinate with the accredited photographers, film crews and our corporate photographer to secure video footage and images of the festival.
• Support the Events Producer on the delivery of events year-round.
• Support the Participant Services team for participant-related PR and Marketing, including the marketing of the Registration period and Professional Development Programme.
• Support the Digital Marketing Coordinator with social media administration and delivery.
• Research and develop new marketing ideas and plans for the subsequent year, including large-format marketing, leading on these as required.
• Prepare and send out press releases when the seasonal Press Officer is not contracted.
• Research and prepare invite lists for events.
• Develop new ideas for large-format marketing and lead on certain projects that arise from these.
• Provide post-festival evaluation of all aspects of marketing and communications activities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and administration skills, including ICT skills.
• Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator).
• Ability to manage volunteers and set targets to achieve desired outcomes on time and
• Availability to travel and to work flexible hours when required.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team when required.
• Experience of working within very small teams or organisations.
• Professional experience of the festival or general arts sector.
• Knowledge of Brighton & Hove arts sector.
• Experience of working for a not-for-profit organisation.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
HOW TO APPLY: Please download the application form and full job description and send completed application form to: email@example.com
Application is by application form only. Please note that we will not accept CVs as application for this position
Deadline for applications: 12pm, Friday 29th November 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 2nd December 2019 (TBC)
Start Date: ASAP