We're looking for a passionate and diligent Junior Motion Designer to join our growing team for an initial 12 month contract. We’re after someone with a great eye for design and a hunger to learn the craft of motion design. We want someone with enthusiasm and drive who will get stuck in and progress quickly to midweight level.
Here are some qualities that are really important to us - if they’re shared by you then it’s likely you’ll be a great fit: attention to detail, dedication, collaboration, honesty and openness.
We're a motion design studio in the centre of Brighton making animation for brands. We help businesses connect with audiences, delivering greater brand engagement through motion design. Our goal is to produce share-worthy content that makes people feel happier and smarter.
Here's a link to find out more about us and watch our reel to see if it’s the type of work you’d like to be making: buffmotion.com
About the role:
You'll be working alongside a team of designers, animators and producers, gaining direct access to their knowledge and experience. You will be allowed plenty of opportunity for on-the-job learning whilst working on live projects. As well as being given support and regular feedback from senior team members to help develop your skills and learn new techniques to hone your craft.
We have a strong focus on personal and professional development with quarterly staff reviews, including dedicated time each week for training, studio projects and seeking inspiration.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Storyboarding and animation
- Creating and preparing assets
- Research and development for new projects
- Doing all you can to improve your toolbox of motion skills
Role requirements (Must-haves):
- Experience using After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Solid understanding of design and animation principles demonstrated through a reel or work examples
- Clear communication skills and a good grasp of written & spoken English
- Proven eligibility to work in the UK
- Living within a sensible commuting distance or ability and willingness to relocate
Role requirements (Nice-to-haves):
- Experience working in a professional creative environment
- Understanding of character rigging and animation
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D
What we offer:
- Open dialogue: Everyone gets direct access to the management team and is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We’re a young, dynamic business; we’re not afraid to make changes if we see the value in trying something new - so it’s an exciting time to jump aboard and help shape our future.
- Development focus: We work together to support people’s growth and development. We have a solid review process to regularly reflect on successes and failures, with the goal of giving and receiving honest feedback to provide everyone the opportunity to get better at what we do.
- Healthy studio culture: The company was founded on a desire to strike a good balance between enjoying a nice lifestyle and being committed to making great work. So whilst we’re passionate about what we do, it’s important to us that every person on the team feels happy and valued. It’s very rare to see us working into the night or on weekends, but if it happens then we give time-off back in lieu.
- Fair pay: We keep regular tabs on industry standards when it comes to salary and aim to reward people fairly with regular pay reviews. We’re also registered with the Brighton & Hove Living Wage Campaign. It’s all part of building a team who feel valued.
- Lovely working environment: We have a super studio space in the centre of Brighton (North Laine area), with plenty of natural light and everything you could want on our doorstep.
- Nice-ness! We’re a friendly bunch who are honest, open and fun. We approach things with what we feel is the right mix of professionalism and appreciation that we’re lucky enough to make animations for a living… You can’t take that too seriously!
- Other perks: As well as a standard holiday allowance (28 days with bank holidays for full-time staff), we close the studio for the festive season to give everyone more time to enjoy with friends and family. We have a workplace pension scheme, organise regular social events, hold weekly breakfast meetings and finish on Fridays with a team ‘show & tell’ whenever possible.
If this all sounds interesting then we’d love to hear from you. Please send over the following by email to email@example.com:
- A short message telling us a bit about you, your ambitions and why you feel the role is right for you
- Your CV with any relevant experience listed, ideally as a PDF
- A link to your reel or other work examples online (no video attachments please)
Applications close: 1st January 2020
Interviews: Throughout January
Start date: February (Date TBC)