Desktop and Mobile Software Engineer – Mid level - Senior
The Changing Workplace builds space management software that supports some of the largest blue‑chip companies around the world. Our tools provide the operational capability and data insight that enable organisations to manage their buildings and optimise costs.
The Corporate Real Estate industry is constantly changing, regularly requiring us to iterate our approach to industry demands - from pushing development capabilities across the full-stack to critically analysing new technologies, such as IoT and AI.
This is primarily a desktop and mobile development role with some web development work. You’ll be working on everything from Mobile and desktop apps to services/web-services and CAD toolsets in order to deliver a first-class experience to our clients.
The Changing Workplace are looking for someone who has a passion for development and technology in general and can demonstrate this to us. If you have a portfolio or a GitHub account, we’d love to see it.
- Development & maintenance of robust software solutions for our suite of mobile-based products & services
- Development & maintenance of robust software solutions for our suite of CAD-based products & services
- Improving the UX of our products & services
- Implement best practice & coding standards
- Evaluate software & systems, and integrate existing software products
- Creating technical specifications
- Writing operational documentation
- Working closely with other staff, such as Account Managers, Product Team, Project Managers, Testers and other members of the Development Team
- Investigate new technologies
- Excellent skills in C#, C++ plus any experience in other OO languages
- Experience in mobile development (iOS, Android, UWP, Xamarin)
- Good knowledge of the principles of relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- A meticulous and organised approach to work
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems
- A hands-on attitude: be passionate, persistent and curious
- The ability to work both in a team and alone, and to manage your own workload
- Be able to learn new skills & technologies quickly
- University degree in computer science (or similar) and at least 2 years’ commercial experience in a relevant role. We will consider applications without a degree if you can show us you have the right skills
- Skills in XAML design
- Understanding of the SOLID principles
- Understanding of MVVM and OO principles
- Knowledge of any web server technologies is advantageous (Laravel)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or other CAD technologies is advantageous
- Knowledge of graphics technologies and shaders is advantageous (DirectX, OpenGL, WebGL, HLSL, GLSL)
- Salary depending upon experience
- Start date as soon as possible
- Good benefits package
- 37.5 hour week
- 22 days holiday (not including bank holidays) increasing with longevity
- Our office is right next to Haywards Heath station for easy commuting
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be asked to provide relevant documentation on the day of interview.
Candidates must also consent to background screening checks such as 5-year employment history and home address. Due to the sensitive nature of the client data that we work with, these checks may sometimes include a Credit check and a Criminal Record Disclosure.