Junior (Full Stack) Web Developer - Part Time
ROLE OVERVIEW: Junior (Full Stack) Web Developer - Part Time
£30k /annum (pro rata) – 1-3 days /week
(with hours split flexibly between Tuesdays-Thursdays)
Are you an experienced full-stack developer looking for regular part-time hours to fit around freelance or personal commitments?
We are recruiting for an integral new position in an expanding, unique company, working as part of our small Digital Team to assist in the full lifecycle design, development and delivery of our web-based product suite, particularly our global events and munition database: https://fenix-insight.online/humanitarian.
- Full Stack front and back end web development
- Work on all stages of product lifecycle: design, development, implementation & testing
- Design, core and debug of core platform components
- Improvement of existing designs, and code optimisation
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- PHP / Laravel
- JQuery, HTML/CSS (Bootstrap)
- UI/UX design and optimisation
- 3+ years’ industry or equivalent experience with an associated portfolio
- A keen eye for good design and attention to detail
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- RESTful APIs
- SQL and database optimisation
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience with the Agile process
- Experience of QA and running test scripts
This part-time role would suit an independent self-starter who is looking to fit regular 1-3 days’ flexible hours around existing freelance or personal commitments.
You should have 3+ years’ industry or equivalent experience, with a portfolio demonstrating appreciation of current web development and design trends.
You should have a keen eye for good design and attention to detail, excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritise quickly-shifting tasks efficiently.
Fenix Insight Ltd is a globally renowned consultancy company, working in humanitarian mine action and the wider field of explosive ordnance disposal. Our work encompasses every facet of explosive weapons in a humanitarian context, from assisting in the development of government level policies, drafting international standards, to conducting practical field work such as destroying weapon stockpiles, and providing highly detailed technical research and reports.
Fenix are committed to leveraging technology to benefit our sector, and are significantly expanding our digital portfolio through development of a unique munition and explosive events database, a revolutionary Augmented Reality training system and other exciting web applications.
We maintain a small but expanding team in bright offices near Crawley, overlooking the Sussex countryside. Employee perks include:
- Opportunity for flexible working hours and some working from home
- 25 days’ Annual Leave, plus Bank Holidays (8 days) – pro rata
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and other snacks
- A smart-casual working environment
- Discounted rates at the local, independent Coffee Shop/Cafe
- Annual Summer and Christmas company social events