- Brilliant Noise
- Brighton and Hove
- 30,000 - 35,000
- Project Management, Account Handling, Production
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Brilliant Noise are experts in marketing effectiveness and marketing efficiency.
We help the brands we partner with to make their marketing better – through building digital capability and reducing marketing budget waste by increasing marketing effectiveness.
We help make the transition from reliance on individuals to repeatable, procedural ways of working. And we work to continually optimise and improve procedural ways of working. This includes embedding the right mindset, skills and behaviours as well as the right operational approaches.
Recognising that our partners need to reduce the amount of agencies they work with – we encourage efficiency by being a partner that is equal parts creative and operational.
We make better marketing. We make marketing better.
We’re looking for an ambitious project manager to help us delight our clients, delivering brilliant work, on time, on budget, and to the highest standard.
As a project manager you’re the driving force behind all of our projects. Working with all teams at Brilliant Noise, you oversee production, finance, communication and quality.
You make things happen.
- Drive and support the day to day running of projects, managing your own projects and assisting colleagues with theirs.
- Maintain focus on outcomes and pace of productivity.
- Monitor and proactively manage project risks and opportunities.
- Quality assurance - checking, coordinating testing and ensuring we only produce high quality work.
- Manage or contribute to internal projects and OKR initiatives
- Provide clear and accurate project plans, schedules and backlogs
- Effectively plan resourcing for project teams, ensuring the right amount of time is booked well in advance
- Work closely with client partners, account managers and strategists to plan delivery, keeping them up to date on project progress.
- Manage the budget and profitability of each project under your control
- Report regularly to the client partner and operations director on financial progress.
- Write reports, statements and specifications as needed, e.g. progress/ status reports, statements of work or requirements specifications
- Build strong relationships with clients, making sure you’re the one they call for production matters.
- Manage client expectations carefully, keeping them fully appraised of project progress.
- Help identify and define new project opportunities, and work with the client partner and lead strategist to shape and secure them.
- You have great organisational skills and will make sure that we meet our clients’ needs with care and attention to the core pillars of project management: scope, time, quality and budget.
- You demonstrate sound judgement, diplomacy and excellent negotiation skills.
- You can plan well, delegate effectively and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Good at prioritising, you can manage client needs effectively across multiple accounts and remain assertive and professional despite rapidly changing needs.
- Able to see the bigger picture without missing the detail. While we never forget the bigger picture, we need you to make sure every little detail has been attended to.
- You have an in-depth understanding of project management principles, including agile and waterfall methodologies
- You’re familiar with our industry, and have a good knowledge of how agency and consultancy functions work.
- You are curious, and will proactively seek new knowledge and development opportunities, particularly in your field and the industry. Your learning never stops.
Working at Brilliant Noise
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays – with an extra day added for each year of service
- Generous training budgets and great career progression opportunities
- Being part of a growing, ambitious culture where you can really make a difference
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced parental leave policies after 1 year of service
- Reduced gym membership
- Plenty of social opportunities – from Summer walks in the downs to bowling and cinema trips
- Learning lunches with external experts and knowledge-sharing from colleagues
- Beer o’ clock at 4pm every Friday
- Fantastic coffee and the best-stocked tea cupboard in Brighton
If you’d like to apply, or have any questions about the role, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Who you are
- You’re an excellent communicator, helping us understand our clients’ needs, facilitate ideas and explain them well, to the team, our partners and our clients.
- You’re a positive and proactive person, you’re great at upholding processes and making sure everything happens when and as it should.
- You’re calm under pressure, and are able to objectively work through challenging projects in order to meet deadlines.
- You’re self motivated, but also an equally brilliant team player, able to motivate a team and adapt your approach to different working styles in order to get the best out of everyone.
- Confidential and trustworthy, you're diplomatic about how and where you discuss client needs and information.
- Dynamic and flexible. The life of a project manager is nothing if not varied, you can think on your feet and turn your hand to many tasks
- You know what you want. We are an ambitious company in a fast-moving environment and there is much to keep on top of. If you are interested in a long-term career in project management we provide great opportunities for career development.
Qualifications or accreditations
- As well as having an in-depth understanding of project management methodologies and tools, you’re certified in PRINCE2 or Agile methodologies.
- You have solid experience as a project manager, having managed multiple projects from conception to completion.
- You’ve worked in a client facing role before, and can utilise this experience to build strong working relationships quickly and effectively
- You’ve managed projects within either agile or waterfall methodologies, or both.
- Experience of working in a digital agency/consultancy business on marketing, digital transformation or product development programmes.
- Experience of collaboration platforms and project management software