Marketing Assistant - International Sustainability Events
- Rethink Events Ltd
- Central Brighton
- c. £20,000
- Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR, Office / Administration
- Contract Type
Rethink Events is a fast-growing company with an exceptional team that creates and delivers international business conferences promoting new technologies in sustainable agriculture, food, energy and water.
Based in Brighton, we work globally, with our biggest events taking place in San Francisco, New York, London, Singapore, Los Angeles, Amsterdam and São Paulo. We have built a reputation for excellence in each of our markets and will continue our rapid expansion over the next two years.
We are currently seeking a new marketing assistant to support the team in the promotion and running of our international business summits. This is a challenging and varied role, with the following responsibilities:
- Upload new content to the event websites, including blog posts, images and agenda updates
- Edit photos and biographies to our company style
- Proof-read and check all websites regularly to ensure they are accurate and up to date
- Keep up to date with SEO, analytics and tools and implement improvements where possible
- Create graphics in canva for use in email campaigns and social media
- Support our social media campaigns by monitoring industry news, gathering internal news from the team, writing and programming content
- Assemble content for printed brochures and programmes, following up with speakers and sponsors by telephone where needed
- Format summit presentations in power-point and help manage presentations on the day of the summit
- Issue press invitations to journalists, and follow up on post-event articles
- Gather data from relevant associations / competitor events to build our internal event databases
- Help to run events on the day as a key part of the event team
Could this be the right role for you?
This is a busy, varied role and our ideal candidate will be bright, energetic and highly organised, with the following skills:
- Strong written communication skills - accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Excellence in Microsoft Office - especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of website content management systems - ideally Wordpress
- Proficiency in Canva or other image editing software
- Understanding of social media for business, especially LinkedIn and Twitter
- Self-motivated and organised, with an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
This role would suit a recent graduate or someone with a few years’ work experience who is looking to move into events or marketing. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a foothold in the industry and there are excellent opportunities for progression into marketing or event management.
This is your chance to join a fun, ambitious, fast-growing company based in brand new offices in central Brighton. With excellent potential for career progression as the company grows, the role will also include international travel. The package includes a competitive salary, including profit share, plus a generous pension plan and a ride-to-work scheme.