- Neilson Active Holidays
- Brighton BN2 5HA
- Up to 28K dependant on experience
- Neilson Brighton
- Web Analysis, eCommerce, Marketing / PR
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
Performance Marketing Manager, Delivery Manager, Designers, Business Analyst, Marketing, Brand & CRM teams, Commercial team and Digital agencies
Job Role Summary:
Neilson Active Holidays are looking for an experienced and highly motivated eCommerce merchandiser to join our friendly team in Brighton.
We're the UK’s leading active holiday provider with a range of stunning summer beach clubs based in Greece, Italy, Croatia & Spain! We also have an amazing ski & snowboard programme throughout France, Austria, Andorra & Italy!
As the eCommerce Merchandiser, you’ll be an integral part of the e-commerce team. You’ll support the CRO Manager and Performance Marketing Manager in delivering the commercial performance of the Neilson website. This will be through effective product/offer merchandising, and tactical messaging that always puts the customer first.
We’ve created a modern and funky workplace in which our UK team can thrive. There’s always a friendly vibe, and this reflects throughout our overseas programme. It’s our people that are the backbone of our business, and it’s down to all of these fantastic individuals, that we’re able to collectively create our unique blend of Neilson holiday magic.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maximise and deliver the full sales potential of the Neilson website through effective merchandising, and tactical messaging. Testing concepts to identify profitability for products and categories as well as value and potential of online real estate
- Daily maintenance of the website to ensure the correct listing of products, offers and content
- Undertake weekly and monthly reporting on website performance, with particular focus on product performance and analysis of merchandising initiatives
- Ensure that the site text, metadata, H1 and tags are always optimised based on best practice and recommendations from the Performance Manager.
- Work alongside the CRO Manager and Optimisation Executive to develop and test effective merchandising and tactical messaging that is sympathetic to UX and the customer journey
- Generate and share experimentation ideas to optimise merchandising and conversion performance across the site
- Work closely with the Performance Marketing Manager and wider marketing team on all campaign activity, coordinating meetings with channel owners to ensure messaging and creative consistency
- When required, assist with optimisation and personalisation activity within the eCommerce team
- Support the CRO Manager in the creation of briefs and user story’s for web developments
- Conduct regular competitor reviews in order to maintain awareness of merchandising tactics, offers and new features
- Ensure up-to-date annotation of GA in order to track merchandising, campaign and offer activity to link back to traffic and trends
- Act as a link between Commercial and Marketing teams, ensuring trading priorities are communicated and implemented in a timely manner
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT, PERSONAL SKILLS OR QUALITIES
- Well organised and highly motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven commercial environment
- Naturally inquisitive, with a strong commercial acumen and the ability to use data to clearly demonstrate commercial success—you’re a Google Analytics expert and an advanced Excel user.
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communicator and team player with good interpersonal skills
- Able to work to clear targets and deadlines
TECHNICAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in onsite merchandising and associated technology
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience in Google analytics
- Commercially minded
- SEO/PPC knowledge
- Experience working with a CMS – Drupal preferable
- An understanding of Agile/Scrum
EXPERIENCE & TRACK RECORD
- Experience in a relevant eCommerce, trading or merchandising role preferably in the travel & tourism sector
- Ability to display drive, ambition and ownership of workload