An opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Officer to join the Marketing & Admissions Department. This is an exciting and varied role working both individually and as part of a team, to promote and enhance the school brand using existing and emerging marketing platforms.
- The Marketing Officer reports directly to the Head of Marketing & Admissions. The department reports to the Headmaster.
- The Marketing & Admissions Office is in operation throughout the term and during the School holidays.
- The Marketing Officer will be required to work full-time. Holiday entitlement is 4 weeks, the majority of this should be taken during the School holidays. There will be some ad hoc Saturday morning or mid-week evening work (4/5 times per year) where time in lieu will be given.
- Excellent organisational and ICT skills including word, excel, powerpoint.
- Good knowledge and experience working with existing and emerging social media platforms with Social Media and websites with a willingness and ability to keep up with ever changing technology.
- The ability to track monitor and analyse success of email newsletters, social media posts and digital campaigns
- Ability to accept, and adapt to, the very diverse and varying parts of the role and to not be fazed when tasks are often interrupted by the need to change priorities.
- A robust ‘Can do’ attitude
- The ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Clear communication skills, both oral and written.
- The ability to work as part of a team yet also to work on your own initiative.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Website management – proactive news and information gathering, uploading news stories, photographs, edit text, download and content management
- Liaising with web designers and developers
- SEO and PPC campaign creation and management
- Analysis of web rankings and site traffic
- Social media marketing for marketing and alumni
- Creation of short films for social media (filming excerpts of activities/lessons/events)
- Assisting with video production and management (with external company)
- Creation and delivery of email shots
- Creation of adverts/invitations
- Ownership and uploading of content for display screens around the school
- Help promote develop and maintain brand guidelines
- Assist in production of school calendar, parent handbook and A-Z guide
- Monitoring of competitors (other schools)
- Assist with open mornings and events
- Production of regular statistics and reports on the admissions landscape and pupil numbers, monitoring marketing trends on ISAMS (our database)
- Assist with parent and prospective parent surveys and research
- Help with collation and analysis of competitors (other schools)
- Oversee the databank of information about the school eg. Photographs
The Job Description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with the post. It is not intended to be exhaustive; other tasks may be allocated as necessary from time to time.
The role will involve contact with children and the post holder will need to be willing to learn about the many different aspects of life in the school community.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & BarringService.