- My PT Hub
- 15 mins from Brighton Mainline Station
- £35,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year
- Back-End Development, Full Stack Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
My PT Hub is a fast growing, web and mobile application for 80,000 personal trainers and their 2,200,000 clients. We provide a ‘one stop shop’ platform for fitness professionals to manage their clients by creating customisable training and nutrition programmes, whilst tracking their progress and achievements.
If you have a genuine passion for delivering web/mobile applications and are the person who regularly goes above and beyond to help, read on!
We are searching for a talented backend developer to join our growing development team in Burgess Hill, specialising in PHP and Laravel. Your main focus will be working on our API, creating new endpoints for the mobile and web team to implement and also improving on existing ones.
We have an open-minded approach when it comes to technology. As a development team, we have real sway when it comes to the products and services that we design and build.
If you like to think outside the box and go above and beyond with your work, we would love to hear from you.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with PHP in a professional environment
- Strong knowledge of PHP 7
- Considerable experience with Laravel
- Sound knowledge of API design, best practices and working with external APIs such as Stripe
- Experience with MySQL and writing optimised queries
- Software engineering fundamentals: version control, design patterns, testing, deployment
- Focused on code quality
- Experience with code reviews and reviewing your peers code.
Ideal Skills, but not required
- Experience working on SaaS
- DevOps experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of bitbucket pipelines
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment
- You have good problem-solving skills
- You’re a great communicator and a team player
- You’re eager to learn new things and try things out
- Excited by the chance to grow a successful company
You’ll be joining the company at a really exciting time. Having re-built our platform from the ground-up, accompanied with a re-brand and new office space (including a quiet working environment for when you're in the zone) as we take the next growth steps so you’ll be able to have a genuine influence on the shape of the company!
We are a close-knit team with a unique energy to the office and how we work together. Regular brainstorming sessions and coffee chill outs, means we evolve as a company with everyone playing their integral role.
Oh! And leave your suit and tie at home, no stuffy corporate rules here!
Here's a few key benefits:
- Choose your own working equipment
- Hack days
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- Social Events
- Great working environment
- A week off during the Christmas period
- Day off on your birthday
- Access to employee benefits portal
- Access to on-demand private GP service
Job Type: Full-time