Apprentice Software Tester
We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We’re growing our testing team, based in the centre of Brighton and we want you to apply.
We are looking for an Apprentice Software Tester who will report to the product owner. You will be working alongside our QA team in order to ensure the quality of Madgex products.
Automation Testing is at the core of what we do so the candidate will be given every chance to build up the experience and knowledge to maintain our current suite of automated tests.
If you are looking to start/pivot your career in QA within a technology business, we would really like to hear from you.
- Support your scrum team by writing new tests and executing functional tests for current and new products.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills in order to communicate with the wider team.
- Experience or knowledge of JIRA.
- Some knowledge of version control systems (Git).
- Working with APIs.
- Experience of working in an Agile, scrum environment.
This role will give the candidate the opportunity to learn on the job about the following technologies:
- Version control systems (Git, Bitbucket).
- Cloud services (AWS).
- APIs both REST and Graphql.
Who You Are:
Do you have heaps of ambition and a passion for building user-facing and business critical products? Do you take pride in your achievements? Are you a supportive and super productive individual who thrives when working in a team?
You will already have achieved big things whether you have a degree or not and you’ll be looking to start the next chapter in your career within a growing, global company. You are creative, consistent and dynamic as well as inspiring, supportive and a great communicator.
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
Collaborative - with clients and with each other
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £18,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We're committed to your personal career growth and we'll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
To apply for this role please apply directly with our apprenticeship provider GK Apprenticeships using this link: http://bit.ly/2HlvKf8
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (ProtectedCharacteristics).