Are you a Graphic Designer with an interest in UX & Web design?
Who We Are:
Emerald Works is a leading e-learning solutions provider for individuals and corporate clients. Our mission is to be the favourite place to learn leadership and personal excellence skills. By partnering with content creators, instructional designers, technical experts and account managers, we design and deliver the best source of on-demand content to help people get their job done more effectively.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provide learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
This role joins Emerald Works where you’ll produce high-quality, engaging design work ranging from artworking and graphic design to wireframing and UX. You’ll play a proactive role in maintaining high design and UX standards, acting as a guardian of the brand. You’ll be part of the B2C team, working closely alongside the marketing and content teams and liaising with technical and product teams on web design projects.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing the prioritisation and delivery of all design tasks, covering the full range from reworking diagrams for articles and designing consumer communications (emails, for example) to user testing of prototype designs to working with technical teams to deliver finalised design work.
- Supporting the content team to identify, prioritise and deliver design tasks required to maintain our high-quality online content output (diagrams, graphics, images, workbooks etc).
- Working with marketing to create and iterate consistent, visually-appealing and on-brand assets for the consumer audience,
- Understanding business and user needs to be able to produce front end designs for testing and production.
- Championing the user, adopting effective UX and usability principles.
- Wireframing, prototyping and user testing.
Your success will be measured by:
- Delivery of high-quality design work, prioritised and delivered on time
- Increase in conversion rates driven by user-focused design
- Campaign success & positive user feedback
Who We’re looking For:
- Solid graphic design and art working experience
- Knowledge of UX and usability principles
- Experience of using collaborative design tools, for example prototyping and wireframing platforms
- Experience of delivering/iterating brand guidelines and working with others to maintain them
- Experience of working with technical teams to collaboratively deliver design work.
- Previous experience with a subscription sales model
- Experience working on an editorially-led website
- Experience working within a marketing team
- An understanding of SEO and the relationship with user experience
*Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing date*
What’s in It For You?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, enhanced pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.