Head of Design (Maternity Cover)
The Head of Design has overall responsibility for the direction and quality of learning design at Saba Studio. You’ll lead and line manage a team of learning experience designers, sustaining a culture of learning and self-development. You’ll represent the design team externally too, and you’ll occasionally support the sales and solutions team in account meetings for existing and prospective clients.
Working closely with the Head of Production, you’ll share some responsibility for the day-to-day running of the studio. You’ll be an escalation point on projects from a design perspective. So, you’ll need to draw on conflict resolution and negotiation skills, as well as your mentoring and coaching experience, to help resolve issues quickly and effectively and ensure lessons are learnt.
As part of the management team, you’ll contribute toward short, medium, and long-term strategic priorities. You’ll be able to apply a commercial mindset to your own initiatives, measuring and articulating the expected and actual return on investment.
- Develop original video concepts and write compelling and believable dialogue in video scripts
- Design meaningful learning games and augmented reality experiences
- Offer credible, evidence-based recommendations to clients
- Interpret raw and sometimes disjointed source content
- Provide clear and timely briefs to other members of the team to set them up for success
- Take ownership for the quality of your own work and that of your team
- Stay ahead of the curve with the latest research and design trends in our industry and beyond
- A passion for good design
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- A willingness to travel, sometimes internationally
- Extensive experience designing a wide range of learning solutions including video, animations, audio, infographics, games, corporate communications, information portals and performance support resources
- A willingness to learn and challenge old ways of doing things
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A high level of confidence using MS office-based tools, particularly PowerPoint
- A willingness to embrace and quickly learn new tools
- A genuine interest in the latest digital trends and technologies
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage time well
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Extensive experience planning and running successful client workshops
- The confidence and conviction to challenge assumptions
- An ability to improvise when faced with unexpected challenges
- Resilience to thrive within an agile and fast-paced agency environment
- Courage to give honest feedback that helps others improve
- A genuine interest in Behavioural science
Saba Software is a cloud-based talent development/management platform that delivers a continuous employee development experience - from recruiting, on-boarding, personalised training, and collaboration to real-time coaching, goal setting, and feedback. Saba Software is a global leader with close to $300M US in revenue, with 1,400 employees in 17 countries, serving more than 4,000 customers, and over 33 million end users. Fun Responsibilities Leverage Saba’s Learning and Coaching Culture and enrol in training courses in the areas of interest. Participate in individual and group volunteer opportunities including team building activities to develop strong, functional and cross functional teams. Participate in the Saba Cares Program, which encourages and supports employee engagement and a social sense of community by matching employee donations. Actively participate in Saba's monthly and quarterly employee "Pulse Survey" helping to make Saba one of the absolute best companies to work for on the planet! Compliment colleagues for work well done with Saba Life Impressions. Work hard, have fun - #WorkLikeYou!