Senior Game Artist - Wordzee
Come work at the Good Times Factory!
At MAG we have a firm belief that the key to producing great games is teamwork and trust. We trust everyone in the company with the freedom to decide what team they want to work with and how they can most effectively contribute.
In turn, each team owns its respective game and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued and has the opportunity to work on the projects that they love within a positive environment.
In order to drive innovation within the company, we have bi-monthly hackathons during which everyone in the company comes together to learn new things, work on side projects, develop game concepts, and/or build prototypes for new games. We believe that happy people with the freedom to flex their creativity make great entertainment, and this is how we nicknamed ourselves The Good Times Factory. Making great games should be fun, and we encourage that!
Senior Game Artist - Wordzee
We’re looking for a driven, creative and high performance Artist to join the Wordzee team. In addition to creating great designs you are also expected to help your team in making decisions and designing features. The role requires you to be versatile and have a great eye for detail for what looks and feels good and of course, a passion for making games. If you’re that person we would love to hear from you!
Wordzee - check it out: https://www.maginteractive.com/games/wordzee/
We were excited to release Wordzee to the global market in November 2019 and now there's so much more to build and create! You'll be working on creating new characters, new levels, collectables, backgrounds and so much more!
- Create User Interface
- To produce quality artwork for Wordzee
- Illustrations for 2D games with some 3D aspects
- Designing for the user at all times
Desired Skills and Qualities
- 4+ years of relevant studio experience
- A strong portfolio showing skills and flexibility
- Good understanding in iOS and Android design standards
- UI animation and motion graphics experience
- Excellent knowledge in Photoshop or Illustrator and any design/prototyping tool like Figma or Sketch
- Experience of working directly with Unity is a big plus!
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- Fluent in English
- A Team player
Nice to have
- Having built and launched a mobile game on iOS and Android
- Unity experience
- Animation skills
- UX knowledge
What we offer
- Generous bonus program
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Favorable pension and insurance package
- Flexible work hours
- £3,000 Learning and development budget per employee to go towards courses etc
- Opportunity to travel with seasonal kick-offs (in Stockholm and Brighton)
- Bi-monthly MAG Jam’s
- Weekly Friday lunch with the team
- Monthly after work socials
- Technical Equipment of your choice
At MAG, we love diversity. We encourage all sorts of people to apply!
Please mention you found this job on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.