Games Studio Manager
We’re looking for an ambitious individual to lead our MAG Interactive game studio in Brighton. Our Brighton office is home to 20 super talented and passionate people who love to create and build games! In Brighton we currently have; two games teams and a live operations team.
You’ll be expected to lead the studio and provide guidance in building and maintaining games, as well as working closely with our head-office in Stockholm.
Wordzee is Brighton studio’s latest creation, so if you’d like to get a better understanding of what we’re capable of, that’s a good place to look! We specialise in casual-multiplayer games for mobile and although many of our successes are in the Word and Quiz categories, our teams have a wider creative remit.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get the most out of a best-of-breed mobile studio in a Nasdaq-listed company that still has the family feel of an 80-person operation.
We are looking for a passionate leader who values helping teams and individuals to develop and optimize performance through a coaching mindset. At MAG we put a lot of trust in our teams and value team autonomy which means you should expect to involve the team in decisions and allow people to figure out the how, while making sure we are moving in the right direction and reaching our goals.
- Coach game teams on production.
- Monitor KPIs to spot problems and opportunities in our games.
- Communicate effectively with our management team in Stockholm.
- Take ownership of opportunities to improve the quality-of-life of Brighton employees.
- Help people grow and develop in their career at MAG
- Manage profitability.
- Execute on the hiring plan using in-house and external recruiters.
- Champion the Brighton studio both internally and externally.
- Production experience, ideally of free-to-play, mobile, casual games.
- A thorough understanding of free-to-play game mechanics.
- A solid understanding of growth methods, including UA, ASO, ROAS measurement.
- Senior leadership experience
- Experience of people management and development
- Experience of live operating high DAU games.
- Fluent in English.
- Passionate about games.
- Excellent communication skills and attitude.
- A keen eye for detail around what looks and feels good
Perhaps you are currently a product lead of a successful mobile game who is looking to take the step up?
Or you may already be running a studio and would like a new challenge?
You may be looking to get out of a large corporate structure where you can have little impact?
Our people love working here and we're pretty sure you would too, so please get in touch!
We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from under represented groups in the tech industry.
Please mention you found this job on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.