Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft, and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in!
Games Director Responsibilities
• Oversee a team of developers from all disciplines to deliver a high-quality, fun experience on time and on budget.
• Uphold the creative vision for the project and ensure this vision is communicated to the development team and client.
• Manage the relationship with clients, establishing an open and honest collaboration.
• Eliminate blockers to ensure smooth development, creating an empowering development environment to set the team up for success.
• Steer a steady course between the requirements of the client and the available resources.
• Be accountable for meeting contractual obligations to clients, including milestones and other deliverables.
• Continuously review the product and look for areas of improvement.
• Create new game concept and pitches, and actively participate in new business development.
• 8 years of professional game development experience with at least 2 games shipped in a Game Director role or similar (e.g., Creative Director, Product Owner, etc.)
• Widely played, especially with console and PC games, with the ability to articulate what is strong or weak about existing games.
• Proven success in creating compelling and innovative, high-quality products.
• An analytical mind, strong problem solving & critical thinking skills. An ideal candidate will be of high intelligence while still possessing an intensely pragmatic streak.
• A positive and empathetic attitude is essential.
• Experience of working character action or similar genres would be an advantage.
When you join Studio Gobo, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture, whether it's participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games, and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays: 20 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays: An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Studio Gobo, to a maximum of 7 extra days!
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award-winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK government's automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Group Income Protection
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest-free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Gobo personal trainer.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget. Many of our employees benefit from attending conferences such as GDC, E3 or SIGGRAPH, THU, Develop, etc. every year.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli, and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full-sized chef’s kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- Fresh Home Cooked Gobo Friday Lunch – Our world-famous lunch prepared and served every Friday by our own in-house Gobo chef. Sit, eat and chat with your work colleagues
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats!
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales, and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- In-house Social Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one, you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on, and there is always space open for new members!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book, or even a whole console.
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what a fantastic studio space we have. We’ve invested a lot of time and thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference in our mood and productivity.
- Dogs with Jobs – Studio Gobo is a dog-friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together, so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Monthly Studio Social Nights – Once per month, the studio plays host to the biggest party in Brighton & Hove (probably). The drinks fridge is open for all. Invite a loved one to join us for food, drinks, and anything in an array of board games, Smash Bros tournaments, 10-person Overwatch multiplayer bouts, Beer Pong, or even a bit of karaoke.
- Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with the company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting, and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)
Please mention you found this job on the Wired Sussex Jobs site.